Newbie wanting to get his hands wet

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I not long grabbed a GoPro knock off from Aliexpress, figured would be awesome to record some prospecting/fishing/hunting action. I think it only cost me $58 hehe and shoots movies in 1080p @60fps, even does 2K/4k but only @ 30/24fps.

I have never been to Oallen Ford but there sure is some pretty places up here where I pick around. I have not taken the camera out prospecting yet but did take some movies of myself casting flies to some hungry trout.

Depends on what my missus has planned for next weekend (she's in New Caledonia atm :p ) but I was thinking of taking the highbanker out to Ophir for the weekend.

Aussie Chris. There's a forum meet up out at Tuena next weekend. You'll find the info under the meet ups section.

Me and a few mates are planning to go out there for a few days and meet some of the guys in here. You should try and come.

Marksman. It would be good for you to come mate. We got no idea where to even start up that way. I ordered the Atlas to have a little bit of a read so maybe that may give me a bit of a clue... Lol

you know as much as i do mate about that area but remember tathradj and some of the others that know all that area will be there and he is a man of great knowledge and i am going to pick his brains

Lol. I think that's everyone's intention. Might have to get a few beers into him so he can spill the beans :p

now that sounds like a plan
the turtle blew a brake line today so no brakes till i get it fixed this week
the secondary battery has died getting another one Thursday i hope $220.00
broke the cb antenna $120.00 later

All that weight from the gold mate. Busted a brake line trying to pull you up... Lol

How did you bust the antenna. Going into a car park or something?

After I did the lift on mine I replaced all my brake lines with braided lines. Also they were made longer to accommodate that extra lift. Especially in the rear.

If you can go a deep cycle battery that would be the go. Problem is then you'd need a Dc to Dc charger if you want to have it charging properly in the car.

Main benefit is that they are sealed and can be mounted in any position. Plus they can take alot of amperage for charging them alot quicker.

Bad thing is don't drain them or they're a gonner.

yes i hear you on the battery
the antenna was going under the carport then trying to reverse split it right down the middle
the break lines i might use the braided ones as well

Latest posts