garmin topo maps V5 micro SD card.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
anyone run one of these maps?
Its not a google earth overlay, just a topo. LITE map.
Thinking for $21 it could be ok for what I want.

I think you will find these maps (Ebay?) to be a fudge. I bought these several years ago and got nothing that was not already on my GPS.

The actual maps from Garmin are $189.

I put in a Paypal dispute and got my money back. Like with everything else nowadays, you get what you pay for.

Dave I use a ebay one in my old Etrex 30 but the copied maps will not work in some of the newer garmin models. Get the full topo version as even the copied version still works with the Basecamp software as well and can be quite usefull. You have to go into your settings and change detail to get use out of an upgraded map on the GPS. The Full Topo map is of great use when in the field when following ridges and looking for contours in really hilly terrain and are really quite accurate if you learn how to use them. And you can use google earth overlay once you have learnt how to use basecamp with the Garmin Topo maps.

1484460479__35.jpg

damm, i ordered it already, although my unit is a garminmap78, i bought for fishing, it has no land maps atm, so even this is an upgrade of sorts.

Latest posts