Golddiggerart - Detector finds...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golddiggerart

Arthur
Reaction score
Thought it might be a good idea to start a continuing thread rather than making a new one with each days or nights finds.

So for tonight's date night with the wife down the beach I found 2 x $1 a 20c, 5c and a nice looking pendant...

The (Eye of Horus) all cleaned up...

1484231073_img_20170113_243958280111.jpg

And a better look at the Thong Pendant found on the back lawn Wednesday

1484231166_thong.jpg

1484231185_thong1.jpg

B5MECH said:
Definitively making good with your prize minelab gda :D and already in the FOM comp :cool: :eek:

One of the best things to happen because it gets me up and out exercising more....I get to spend time alone with my Wife as well so it's a win win win... "_"

She warbles in wet sand mind you some of the targets like the 50c were over 10 inches deep just above wet water layer...Can find in wet sand if it is a shallow target.
Very fresh all in a 3 metre area.

golddiggerart said:
Thought it might be a good idea to start a continuing thread rather than making a new one with each days or nights finds.

So for tonight's date night with the wife down the beach I found 2 x $1 a 20c, 5c and a nice looking pendant...

The (Eye of Horus) all cleaned up...

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...3128/1484231073_img_20170113_243958280111.jpg

And a better look at the Thong Pendant found on the back lawn Wednesday

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3128/1484231166_thong.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3128/1484231185_thong1.jpg

A nice pendant for a true aussie there mate :D

Nice wet sand finds for date night dig with the wife...
What I found interesting is that 2 coins were Moon baking 20c and 10c but the 505 did well in wet sand as long as targets were shallow 2-4 inches, had a lot of other signals which were a lot deeper, I need another detector Garrett Ace 250 upwards because I know I missed out on a good opportunity to get a lot more.

1484400231_wp_20170115_001.jpg

Goldpick said:
Nice chunky silver band, might be worth saving up for a multi-frequency detector, much easier to use on the wet stuff - a lot deeper too. :)

Multi-Frequency?? Can you name a few so I can take a look.

Good stuff mate
Nothing wrong with those results
The Ace 250 is great in the dry sand but not very useful in the wet stuff
As for multi frequency .... i love my sovereign on the beach
This is an older detector that has certainly proven itself time and time again

Multi-frequency - Minelab Explorer, Safari, Etrac, CTX3030, Sovereign, Excalibur etc. Probably the cheapest is the Explorer if you can find one (SE Pro was the last model released), most decent sovereigns still command decent money. The other option is a pulse induction detector, though you will be digging everything and digging deep - I think Clegy has a PI unit under a grand specifically for beach detecting (CS4PI made by CScope in the UK). :)