Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BigWave said:
That washer is a smart addition Boulders. Ingenious :)
I also got the inspiration from one of GreenHornet's recent posts (he posted that link), so happy to pass it forward.

There's also another washer further up hidden inside the cap. Tracks the magnet well. I purposely tried pushing it left and right within the tube to see if the magnet would move but the washers prevent it even touching the sides. Well worth adding.

Cheers for the magnet info guys.The video you posted in post 1504 BigWave is awesome,that guy has made some cool stuff.I might have to make one of his sucker guns as well.Looks like another trip to Bunnings and Jaycar.Thanks again.

I made a mobile phone charging station from some rock , Copper and I think I see Zinc in there .

1488182290_capture.jpg

1488182290_img_20170227_174152.jpg

last time I took my crevice sucker out for a splash in the creek, disaster hit and it failed to deliver the goods. :mad:

Today I took the opportunity to upgrade it with a larger capacity S-bend and a new plunger seal

Looking forward to my next trip :p :p

1495869205_image.jpg

It is a dumb sucker Mackka

Idea behind it is that the gold is trapped in the S-bend on the suck stroke and ejected directly into a bucket or pan. MK1 had shallow angle bends and worked ok until the seal got loose and I was loosing fines during transfer. When I couldn't get over my pan quick enough or I had a deep hole, I found I would loose some gravel during transfer, and with it, most likely gold. Hence the MK2 upgrade. :D

Cant quite make out what it is mate , but it reminds me of an EPIC jigsaw i started and about 80% completed
A chunk of petrified wood that i dug out of a bush track.
Its a bit bigger than a football.
As it came out of the ground it just broke up into pieces
There were afew larger bits but most were less than an inch in size
Used a hell of a lot of supaglue and stuck my fingers on more than one occassion ;)
Sorry no photos ... its in storage

Latest posts