Pink gemstone identify?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys and girls, i was reading a forum on this site that said check your gems with a uv light to check your gems for rubies or dimonds and was wondering if this was true? Anyhow i put the a uv light to this pink gem and you guessed it it glows im freaking out a little has anyone seen anything like this before? Found in the ballarat surroundings, any information would be a great help :D also picture was taken with a macro lens the gem is small but wondering if i should go find some more
1484234218_fb_img_1484232728700.jpg

That's not flourescing like a ruby would. A with uv and a without uv pic would bev helpful. Doesn't look like a pink diamond either to me. Could be a pink sapphire in my opinion. There are a few possibilities.

The image is to large to upload sorry its very bright under a uv the picture taken is with out a uv sorry guys will try harder later on

1484289807_2017-01-13_17.42.42.jpg

Sorry about the quality but thats the best i can get and be able to post does anyone know anywhere in ballarat i could take it or go to find out information

Latest posts