Wally69's Nugget Hunting Practice. The By-Catch.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
..........and liberated after years of hiding its ugly face :eek: :mad: :eek: :mad: 8.(

1483845544_image.jpg

No pretty blue shiners :( might need to set some blue sapphires

Evening Wally,
An interesting collection of finds mate, well done; the design lay-out of your finds for the picture is interesting also. Look forward to catching up on the gold fields or when you're up this way again.
Cheers, SinHof.

Wallly,the cricket badge or pendant thing next to the toy car is interesting could we see a close up photo of it? The old keys are cool as well.

I notice by it's conspicuous absence, no close ups of any silver at all Wally ,.... bugga :lol:

HiHo Silver, you wish for silver is my command 8)

I went for a detour on the way home and stumbled across a mystical cave with the the reminants of an old time machine hidden within :eek:

1484304307_image.jpg

Shortly after, not wanting to 'horse' around I found my thoughts being 'guided' to plant my 'butt-on' a rock so I could ponder the serenity of the afternoon's hunt.

Almost by magic, the feeling that someone had been there half a century ago crept over me and my suspicions popped out of the depths of the earth into bronze and silver. :D a trifecta was revealed by rechecking the hole :lol:
1484304359_image.jpg

1484304339_image.jpg

As I got back to my truck, thinking I had just had a golden hunt, the kerb-side confirmed it was Twice as golden as I had thought :cool:

..... And your close-up

1484305187_image.jpg

:eek: 8) Antikythera mechanism Wally ! :eek:
1484306056_2017-01-13-21-12-45--2010162553.jpg

legend must have it then that a group of girl guides in the 1960's hid the much coveted australiothera mechanism in an obscure type of cave some such where abouts that you must have been ! :eek: :rolleyes: :eek:

Nice one Wally :eek: your an inspiration 8) that cave is last place I would think of going :cool:
Goes to show.... unless you look you will not find :)

Went for a swim near my woodcutters site with a mask and snorkel, well about 5km downstream to be a bit more accurate and found about 10 old bottles covered in weed and barnacles.

I noticed that some had some writing on them, so one made the journey home. I havn't been a bottle collector to date but I found the same one on the Internet with a $30 price tag, that is equivalent to about half a gram of gold, so maybe I need to go back and get a few more to swap for some nuggets, faceting rough or coins.

1485663293_image.jpg