Pictures of last years Silver.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robert Le Mal said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...ages/2546/1394343826_1936_penny_messed_up.jpg

Hi Silver,
I noticed the shilling you found that had been used as a washer. I found my first penny yesterday (haven't been at this very long)... and it has a hole in it that looks like a bullet hole? Size would indicate something like a 303 or maybe 7.62mm have you ever come across coins used for target practice?

And I can only hope to find some pre decimal coins like you have at some point in the future.

Robert
I found a 1942 copper penny with what looks like a .22 bullet dent in it, hasnt punched a whole clean through but has a good dent, dont have a decent photo of it to show atm.

Gday Kai, recon they thought they were a top shot if they could shoot the centre out of a spinning coin in the air in the old days, adds to the find I recon ! ,... don't find them like that very often hey. :D

silver said:
Gday Kai, recon they thought they were a top shot if they could shoot the centre out of a spinning coin in the air in the old days, adds to the find I recon ! ,... don't find them like that very often hey. :D
Gday Silver, some top finds you have.
Some good shooting no doubt also

Heres 2017's Silvers
(Couldn't find them all.... but most are there)
Short by around 15 coins
Just the one shot before I bag em n tag em. :D
1516700804_screenshot_2018-01-23-19-41-29.jpg

So, going by my thread.
64 thrippies with 28 being 92.5%
23 sixers with 8 being 92.5%
9 shillins with 4 being 92.5%
8 florries with a (no show) of 92.5%
Total of 104 silver coins with 40 being 92.5%

DetectingSA said:
Drooling over this thread, good on ya silver
Your on your way with it all too DSA.... ya already makin a good start mate. :Y:

ktmman said:
Good amount seeing as you were semi-retired this year :p
Hah... they'll only get less n less as the years roll by now I recon :lol:
But.... that's almost one every three days over the entire year(averaged out) :Y:

Danny13 said:
Had a great year even with the bad leg Silver . Amazing detective I might add
Thanks Dan..... recon it'd happen for anyone who can show a keenness and a consistency combined with a bit of nouse. It's those few lucky hunts that lift the tally nicely though. Operative word being lucky. :lol:

That's a nice treasure chest! Ye must be a good pirate to accumulate yhat much loot. What's the one with the hole in it?