Hi everyone

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, My name is Diego. I'm from Sydney and I've been looking at getting into metal detecting as a constructive hobby for the weekends. It's great to find a forum where I can post my thoughts and find a great deal of information on the hobby. I currently don't have a detector but I have been collecting lots of copper to scrap, loose change and selling old things to subsidise the cost for a detector. I'm leaning towards the Garrett AT pro international as it seems like a really good all rounder. I'd love to detect around beaches but i'd love the flexibility of going to old buildings. I'd also like to visit the gold fields and do some prospecting one day but I leave a future investment for an appropriate detector and some more knowledge.

Look forward to hearing back from someone!

Gday Diago from Sydney, welcome to the forum, easier digging in the sand at the beach. ;)

Yeah there's a lot of great posts here that I've been reading through.
Thanks guys. I'm Looking forward to getting into it!!

Ivo said:
Hi and welcome diego there are a few of us here from Sydney where abouts are you from I'm in the Liverpool area

Oh that's awesome, I'm in Prestons so not too far from Liverpool.

Latest posts