Garrett ATX Information and Questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
coinhunter said:
well im not happy with my atx it seems to be buzzing for not resson at all. used it for over an hour then it buzzing and cant stop it for $4350 garrett you would think could help but seems there here for the cash not the helping people
If you do no good with Garrett Australia I would be contacting Garrett USA - they have apparently shaken trees before to get things moving

My experience with Garrett Australia when I needed a warranty replacement was actually good. I'd bought the unit from a Tasmanian dealer who very shortly after selling it to me went broke owing Garrett thousands. They still replaced it as it was bought in good faith.
I wouldn't say the ATX is as good as other machines. I know two people who have had one and didn't like it / don't use it. But they do find gold. And if you scour the forums you'll find dozens of posts with people who bought GPZ7000s when they first came out, didn't like them, and went back to their old detector.
I think it's a common mistake to buy an ATX / GPZ / GPX 5000 for their one's first detector, when you don't know how to detect yet. If I was going back to buying my first detector, I'd buy a secondhand GP or SD series, or an SDC if I had the budget, and upgrade to a more complicated detector when I had the confidence that, if there was gold to be found, I was able to find it.
Just my 2c.

Edit: spelling.

See your point mfdes , I've been using metal detectors for almost 20 years so can honestly say that i can justify an upgradeThe one thing I could never get used to with the ATX is the annoying sound it makes, the minelab tone is sweet to my ears.

Cheers

Hi, Andrew, yep I have the deepseeker package and have had successs with it in the GT.also very good in sand will punch deep at the local weir, only negative with it is its heavy, and my back aint what it used to be lol.Also runs VERY quiet at high sensitivity...usually around 11 in the GT.

Thanks for that, have looked at YouTube seems pretty good. But alot of negative talk, so good to hear from somebody who has it and like it, I'm going to get one next week, Whoooo hooooooo

This bloke seem to go alright with the ATX, don't know if its GT gold? it looks more like from WA but its a good detector.
1468616038_1462014408_image.jpg

I had the atx but never found gold just trash..I sold it and got a Minelab gpx4500 and iv never looked back iv done well with the 4500 from the very first day I got it ...that's just my opinion I hope nobody gets offended I'm sure the garrett has its advantages..

I hope it works for me, going to spend a few days learning my ATX starting this weekend, after that it will have to pay for itself. Well that's the plan anyway

Garrett ATX pulse induction metal detector. Comes with headphones, standard 11" coil and deep seeker coil, headphones and soft carry case. Runs on 8 AA batteries. I have found gold nuggets and gold rings with this machine, I am only selling because I have more detectors than I need. I can give you a full run down on the machine and chuck in a test nugget. There could be a big lump out there with your name on it!!! Looking for $3200 or near offer. Located in Perth hills near mundaring. Very negotiable on price.

Latest posts