Aurum Adventures

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of the clear quartz i tried to extract from the cavities and clay

1483682543_14836821366390.jpg

1483682820_14836827563540.jpg

1483682571_14836819852670.jpg

1483682623_14836820606021.jpg

is that quartz a pearly looking color? iv'e never seen that type before..... not that im a rock hound or anything but it does look nice.

numpty said:
is that quartz a pearly looking color? iv'e never seen that type before..... not that im a rock hound or anything but it does look nice.
Some of it did have a slight pearl to it mate, the main vein is white quartz but the crystals grow from it as clear points mostly as long as theres a 'pocket' or space for them to grow. It seems when the crystals have no where to grow, they stay white in this region. Some pockets had a soft clay where i was able to pry out the smaller clear ones in my hand that were free from the main rock. If they were joined, attempting remove individually ended up in an exploding crystal

numpty said:
Some of it did have a slight pearl to it mate, the main vein is white quartz but the crystals grow from it as clear points mostly as long as theres a 'pocket' or space for them to grow. It seems when the crystals have no where to grow, they stay white in this region. Some pockets had a soft clay where i was able to pry out the smaller clear ones in my hand that were free from the main rock. If they were joined to the main quartz rock, attempting to remove them individually ended up in an exploding crystal

Whoops dbl post

Looks like you had a good time AR..love those quartz crystal's mate...bet you had a nice view of the night sky..The gold looks good too.

AtomRat said:
MJB said:
Nice pics and stories AR, those crystals are similar to the ones I uncover in Ararat
Woah MJB! Where have you been hiding mate? Good to hear from you again and that you are still digging! Thats cool mate, have you posted them?

Yeah I have been hiding mate.....big turnaround for me this last 12 months...new missus...new home and I'm a Victorian again :D
I should post them but I cant find the buggers since moving and my young fella loves em' so he probably has them stashed somewhere.
Great to see your still living the dream mate.

MJB said:
Yeah I have been hiding mate.....big turnaround for me this last 12 months...new missus...new home and I'm a Victorian again :D
I should post them but I cant find the buggers since moving and my young fella loves em' so he probably has them stashed somewhere.
Great to see your still living the dream mate.
Sounds like a bit of a kerfuffle mate but good to hear all settle again. I did not even know you left us! :eek: but welcome back to the random weather :lol: Great to see you back at it as well buddy, id love to see what you pulled from there!

Well I had been living in Mt Gambier SA for 9 years...now I have moved back over the border to Apsley, closest goldfield is Deep Lead which is only 1hr 45 mins away...better than the previous 2.5hrs. Were'nt you supposed to head over to Ararat for some digging??

MJB said:
Well I had been living in Mt Gambier SA for 9 years...now I have moved back over the border to Apsley, closest goldfield is Deep Lead which is only 1hr 45 mins away...better than the previous 2.5hrs. Were'nt you supposed to head over to Ararat for some digging??

Yes mate, finally have car now so will park at families in ballarat now as grandmother in dimboola is now unwell and always in melb these days. Ill find a gap and take a look as the dry working still interests me a lot mate

Its been a while, but it was great to catch up with dirtyharri again for some gravel shovelling in the sun!
I must have upset the gold gods recently as all my gold ended up in harri's pan :p Was an awesome day to slip over on some rocks and relax in the sun ( as the dogs demonstrated how to do very well curled up in my pan :lol: ) Not much to show but not needed when having fun :)
Cheers again mate - till next time!

A quick rundown - plenty of gravels, heavy sands that held Au deep in the crevices. Some zircon, garnet and a nice limenite lumpy rock appeared too. Plenty of quartz, mostly shear zone, vuggy milky and some felspars within if broken. Bedrock mostly compressed turbidites and sandstone intruded by quartz. A hint of gritstone about too

cheers for the lend of the tools too mate after my sucker broke! Arrr my back.. :lol:

16388014_10154351463306279_7553094873543021748_n.jpg

16266223_10154351463346279_746451534757774889_n.jpg

16266283_10154351463301279_7979900508264177842_n.jpg

Nice one AR :cool: looks like puppy will be a difficult one to teach how to dig holes for gold :eek: :lol: :lol:
Get up and dig dog :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts