Minelab Warranty and Warranty transfer information/ questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldpick

Chris Johnson
Reaction score
A good news story unfolded for me today. I've had a Pro-find for a while now, but over the last few months have had a reoccurring issue of the pinpointer not starting up properly, turning off by itself, and sometimes not registering on targets. It was handed in to Minelab here in SA for a check over, and I am happy to say that they simply replaced it with a completely new boxed Pro-find, so good on you Minelab, great service! :)

1407232310_img_20140805_172507.jpg

Yes, I was very happy with the no questions asked change over as I don't think I am alone with the mentioned issues, must have been an early production batch issue, who knows.

Hi, I tried to get onto Minelabs site, but seems to be down or something wrong with my PC, but can someone tell me the warranty on their products?....looking at the SDC2300.

Thanks in advance

Mick

Yeah the Minelab sites down.
Minelab offer 3 year warranty on the SDC2300.

Application - Gold Prospecting (waterproof 10ft)
Technology - MPF
Frequency/Transmission - Pulse Induction, Multi Period Fast (MPF)
Coil (standard) - 8" Monoloop
Audio Output - Built-in speaker & Koss waterproof headphones (not supplied)
Headphones Supplied - Koss 100 ohm headphones (supplied)
Visual Display - LED lights
Detect Modes - Normal (1-5 Sensitivity range) & Salt (1-3 Sensitivity range)
Audio tone - Low, High
Ground Balance - Automatic Ground Tracking (AGT) Fast Ground Balance
Ground Balance Type - Automatic Ground Tracking (AGT) Fast Ground Balance
Sensitivity Adjust - Normal (1-5 Sensitivity range) & Salt (1-3 Sensitivity range)
Tune / Noise Cancel - Automatic scanning
Threshold - 9 audio levels
Battery - 4 x C-cell 1.2V 5000mAh Rechargeable (supplied with charger) 1.5V Alkaline (not supplied)
Low battery alert - visual LED indicator
Length Extended: 1500mm (59.1") Collapsed: 400mm (15.7)
Weight - 2.3kg (5.1lbs)
Warranty - 3 years control box & coil.

Yes
Minelab said:
4.1 is extended to the purchaser identified in the Warranty Registration Card (Purchaser) and is transferable to a legitimate subsequent owner residing within the country of the original purchase;
Contact them here to arrange transfer:

Minelab Australia

Technology Park, 2 Second Avenue, Mawson Lakes, SA 5095, Australia

T: 61-8-8238 0888
F: 61-8-8238 0890
E: [email protected] for Consumer products

Hello All,

Just like to share that the Minelab Company has treated me exceptionally well.

I bought my bonafide detector second hand from a Qld pawnbroker late in October 2016.

The original purchase invoice (by the other person that pawned the gear) was dated 22nd June 2014.
I satisfied myself prior to purchase that this gear was hardly used, - a wardrobe stored type of find if you will.

Using the Koss headphones in November I began to find the signal would cut out occasionaly, which I was able to retrieve in the field by slightly pushing the cable back into the jack. Meaning there was a bad wire connection inside the headphone jack.

Naturally, this eventually became a completely broken connection.

I considered this to be a kind of wear and tear useage difficulty and I tried to fix the problem myself.
I split open the jack, cut the incredibly fine 'uh-oh' wires and and soldered them into a new, correct type jack I bought for a few dollars.

This didn't work.

I wrote a cover letter to Minelab saying largely the above -;

(Using the Koss headphones in November I began to find the signal would cut out occasionally, which I was able to retrieve by slightly pushing the cable back into the jack. Meaning there was a bad wire connection inside the headphone jack.

Naturally, this eventually became a completely broken connection).

In the letter I asked that I needed someone at Minelab, with better soldering skills than mine, to reinstate the jack connection.

I placed all into a box, (including all the broken and split pieces) along with the (not consigned to my name) original purchase invoice with it's serial numbers displayed.

I week later, without any communication I received a brand new set of Koss replacement headphones and I didn't even pay for return postage.

I thought that to be outstanding. More than one month later (now) I haven't received anything from Minelab other than the gratis return advice stating $0 charge.

Considering that I had interfered with the headphone jack in the first instance I am surprised.

Accordingly I find the warranty proviso with Minelab to be first rate.

Thank you all,
Wilko.

My dealings have seen them come thru with shining colours every time. :Y: If I told you what they did for me you probably wouldn't believe it :Y:
I can't disclose details on the net as could open the flood gates for the not so honest person but lets just say they trusted me with a lot of money on a pure goodwill basis.
Kudos to them for their back up and no complaints here .................. a shame some of their dealers don't follow by example but.
Cheers

Mentioned this on another thread.......I had a problem with my 5000 battery, no audio speaker or phones.

My first "hats off to" goes to Coiltek Gold Centre in Maryborough, they lent me a spare battery they had for the remaining week of my trip at no charge. (I did buy my detector there among other items)

The second "hats off to" goes to Minelab. I'm fortunate that I live less than 30 minutes from their factory, I took my detector and battery to them, leaving the battery only. The next day I got a call from them to pick up it up, which when I got there, I was told a new audio circuit board had been installed - No charge.

My detector was 2 1/2 years old at this point.

I chose the take it in option for 2 reasons, firstly had Coiltek sent it back to Minelab, I would have been home before the battery got back to Maryborough. The second, Coiltek Gold could have replaced the board and fixed on site, but it would have incurred the cost of doing so. Which is fair enough, they are after all running a business.

:)

I didnt have such a great experience with minelab.

Bought a 2nd hand GPX 5000 out of warranty.

I thought it was a little noisier than my mates new GPX5000 so i sent it into minelab for a check up/ tune up.

Didnt hear anything for a week and a bit, called them and they said they were just looking at it.
Nothing was wrong with it, so they posted it back.

The only big drama i had was that they didnt put the Seal back on to say it was original, sealed, services etc.
I think thats pretty poor form as If i went to sell my detector, without that seal, someone may think twice about the purchase.

Bought a second hand minelab for my daughter. It started to play up on our ironstone ground, sent it back and they sent us a new one with new warranty, will buy minelab from now on.

Daggy

We took the SDC and 4500 into The Prospectors Pick in Bunbury. The SDC had a stuffed audio plug and LOTS of wear and tear. I didn't buy the 4500 from them so it cost me $50 freight to send it away.

The warranty repair (although not tested) on the SDC was outstanding. Minelab replaced all the worn out components connecting the lower shaft to the coil. I had glued it all up and fitted a plastic bush to prevent the floppy coil. We never asked for that part to be repaired but it was all fixed for free :)

The 4500 had the rubber gaskets on the control box hanging out. It came back just as bad so I took it back. Next time it came back looking all fixed for no extra cost. The gasket looks to have gaps where all somebody has done is slice off the bits that were hanging out and the screws look very well tampered with. Same as Nero-04 the sticker/seal has been sliced through and not repaired.

I look at this as a very sloppy job either done by the Minelab workshop or by The Prospectors Pick. It's not good enough :mad:

Hi guys,

Just curious, has anyone purchased a MineLab Detector from the US and imported it? and do they have international warranty or will you need to send it back to the US for warranty claim ?

Latest posts