You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

stevewilko
30 December 2016 05:31 pm

I can buy a new 18" IDL Spoked Tarantula Mono Coil (delivered) at a reasonable price I believe.

Been searching product and user reviews without much success. YouTube not showing many review examples either...

Anyone know this coil and even if not, have thoughts to comment on its merit or not?

Issues:

Is It Best To Seek Depth Due To Prevalence Of Already Worked Grounds?

Is This A Quality Product?

Seeking (Potential) Extra Depth Warranted And Does It Deliver?

Will The Loss Of Small Gold Sensitivity $$ Penalise Me?

This Open Spoke Style Coil Inviting Tangle and Hang Up (#+*^#!) Stress?

The Increase In Weight A Great Toll?

Cheers All And Happy New Years To You All...

Thanking all contributors for their involvement and the quality of these posts. Prospecting with - GPX 4800 / 11" DD / 15 x 12 Mono / 15" DD / 18" NF Mono / NF 25"X DD

mbasko
30 December 2016 08:17 pm

Never used one but from what I can gather about them over the years is that they're about 50/50. 50% work well & 50% don't.
The fact they're no longer in business is usually a reasonable indicator?

Everything we use comes from mining or farming.

1 user likes this post: grubstake

Tassie Daz
31 December 2016 03:16 pm

Steve where did you find the contact mate. Id be interested in one of those long thin coils

Garret ATX, Garrett Pro-pointer, Garrett AT Pro, Unused (as yet) home made Highbanker, and a true believer! Trying to Learn to SEE, not just LOOK

stevewilko
01 January 2017 08:12 am

Happy New Year.

Hi nbasko, thanks for your concise reply.

This raises research questions for me of "50/50" in relation to quality. (quote - that they're about 50/50. 50% work well & 50% don't plus the company closed).

The YouTube vids I did see were the links that nesral has provided. I didn't think they were good or helpful for my research personally.

Tassie Daz, the facebook link above shows this phone number as contact - (03) 5358 3361 - half way down rhs.

or

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/stawell/ … 1094706132

is the link that I persued by asking; "I read that your 18" tarantula mono coil advertisement is now somewhat aged, so I ask if you still have these available today? There is a history of offers received, please send an update". Thanks, Steven.

Reply; "Hi Steven, yes there are a few left. $120 incl post will get you one".

Sold 'as new' being ex shop stock it comes with 12 months warranty.

I am interested but perhaps I need more market referrals or user thoughts as per my original post.

Appreciate your help.
Cheers.

Thanking all contributors for their involvement and the quality of these posts. Prospecting with - GPX 4800 / 11" DD / 15 x 12 Mono / 15" DD / 18" NF Mono / NF 25"X DD

mond
01 January 2017 11:54 am

Yes i had one it worked for about 2 hours
they have gone broke so how are getting one?
just beware
Mond

stevewilko
01 January 2017 12:18 pm

Hi Mond.
Thank you.

They are found here;

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/stawell/ … 1094706132

is the link that I persued by asking; "I read that your 18" tarantula mono coil advertisement is now somewhat aged, so I ask if you still have these available today? There is a history of offers received, please send an update". Thanks, Steven.

Reply; "Hi Steven, yes there are a few left. $120 incl post will get you one".

Sold 'as new' being ex shop stock it comes with 12 months warranty.

nesral
03 January 2017 09:37 am

I use 3 of the PM coils all work well including the lovely slim 12x4" Nuggeteer.

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site