B5MECH's ATGold finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First run of the new year, a quicky to beat the golden itch :lol: :lol:
1483325978_mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm_001.jpg

last night looking for a PD at the new spot the shilling came from and the first penny's that aren't rotten and corroded 8) :cool:
1483326254_mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm_002.jpg

1483326254_mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm_003.jpg

1483326254_mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm_004.jpg

Did better than me this morning mate. I hit Dee Why beach hoping no one would have beat me to it, there were bottle tops and foil everywhere so obviously there were a lot of people there on NYE, someone had obviously beat me though as it should have been good, though all I managed was $2.20.

I was wondering if anyone would try Dee Why, I had a go at bungan the other night for $2.60, 60c was the sand and the $2 was grass edged find on the way out :rolleyes:
Didn't get that far but struggled to even find a bottle cap :lol: :lol: felt like the place was empty
I'm trying to decide which one to try maybe tonight

I think I mostly cleaned out Dee Why after the big storm, was plenty there. Would have only been recent drops for whoever did it yesterday. I've never done Narrabeen, but have done a bit of Collaroy near the surf club, was not great but I did ok.

I think a lot of the time with beach hunting on popular detecting beaches you just need to be lucky to get the good stuff.

I did Mona Vale once also, it was near barren except for a little pendant. Manly is way more consistent due to the huge amount of people that visit there.

At the moment Collaroy to North Narra are empty except new stuff if you find a deep signal there don't dig it, when the storms hit I was the first in and couldn't get it all and on night four a Friday I showed up to continue and there were detector's everywhere.
3 days later all the floating cans came in and there about a meter deep in there now
After that decided to try a different beach and they did every beach near me so presume they did Palmy to Manly one after another :/ left gapeing holes everywhere and left the junk in them :mad:
Funny thing is they still missed the best florin that came out from a bank that Friday night:lol: :lol:

I've been detecting since late March so about 9 months and would like to thank everyone on PA for advise and info that's available
during that time my ATG went for warranty repair and borrowed a fisher pos :lol: :lol: because it was so rubbish I went and bought a second detector from Nenad :lol: :lol:
My first ever question started with a first detector purchase and am glad I got talked out of buying a seahunter as I don't think I would still be here now :p
To date my ATG gold coin only tally is $1633 and the Makro is at $109 which I will use soon more regularly
Here is my jewellery collection, one gold and the rest silver, the small box charm and the one ear earring furthermost in pic was found with the Makro
1483348209_jjjjjj_001.jpg

My first jewellery find was a silver chain with a ring pendant and an anklet, not shown as I sold them to a friend for her daughter :)

Here's my florins and oldest coins, a lot of them came from a beach so some are toast :rolleyes:
1483357587_hhhh_001.jpg

1483357587_hhhh_002.jpg

Oldest coins 1890's I think they were shipwreck coins, 2 penny's a half penny and double florin
1483357707_hhhh_003.jpg

1483357707_hhhh_004.jpg

Now up to 20 shillings, 33 six pence, 49 three pence :)
Other than the shipwreck coins haven't managed to find 1800's coins from the dirt in my area...yet :D

Excellent haul tally for 2016 mate. All of it, jewelry, coins and goldies.
All the best for 2017, i predict more gold than just the one this year :p

Thanks LORD, the perseverance has definitely paid off, hopeing on some bush gold as well this year ;)
Happy new year to all and hope it rains gold for everyone to play in :cool:

ktmman said:
What a great collection. I particularly like your old Florin. That's my goal coin for this year.
I've been waiting for you to pull one from that spot you do, it has to be there somewhere, specially seeing the UK silvers coming out :cool:

8.( Melt it down for a silver bullet, at least it still has some value then B5, not quite Valles Marineris but the worst bit of gash I've seen all year so far ,.... case of that one woulda been safer still in the ground aye ! ,..... bugga, the islet looks good though :lol:
At least you got a silver this year before me though, I guess that's something. 8) :lol:

Lately I've been only cutting a slit then spreading so there's absolutely no digging mark at all :rolleyes:
I knew exactly what it was so teaches me a lesson not to do it to a PD, was just the slit on that one I cut at an angle, should have been straight down :rolleyes:
It looked that good straight from the dirt no cleaning
It was a F for fine coin and is still a F coin of sorts :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts