GPZ7000 19" coil GPZ19 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Normal and General will give you the best punch on chunky gram plus bits, but if the gold is even slightly odd shaped or has some ironstone attached then HY is the go. In terms of volume, I use headphones, and I find a massive difference between Volume settings of say 9 and 12. But if you increase it, you want to make sure the threshold is nice and stable - which is where lower Sensitivity can help.

With the 14, my general process is:

1. Try Normal - can it work?
2. Nope, okay into Difficult
3. Start with HY and see how it goes.
4. Adjust sensitivity as high as possible before the ground says stop
5. Now set Smoothing accordingly

With the 19, there is still a lot of experimenting to do with different combos, but I think the thought process should be similar to the above. You need to just turn it on and go and see where you can run it. It is a big coil strapped to a very powerful machine, so if there's a gram plus bit buried at depth there is a good chance we are going to hear it.

One little difference I am noticing so far, is that with the 14 my two go to setting combos were: General/Difficult and HY/Normal. With the Z19, I seem to be using HY/Difficult and General/Normal. Not sure if that's due to where I've been swinging the 19 so far, or whether those combos suit the 19 better.

CoryDale said:
mbasko said:
Rush said:
Even an air test to shut up the likes of me.
The problem with the video Cory done is we don't see the target signal in situ so we take his word that it's "about as clear as it was when I heard it". In reality it could have been quiter or it could have been slightly sharper? All we know is it was somewhere thereabouts. Maybe he exaggerated it - maybe he understated it! What's important is that he found it & we are getting feedback from some field use both negative + positive.
You seem to have a lot to say on the GPZ but from your posts you're quite happy using the GPX & have no interest in the Zed other than putting up a string of negative themed posts. Build a bridge, get over it & accept that some are equally as happy using the GPZ! Maybe take your own advice & just shut up unless you have your own practical experience to add?

Hi Guys,
Cory from Miners Den Brisbane here,
First off this is a great forum! I've only just started following recently.

To clarify for you mbasko, the signal was initially quite a lot better when i first heard it- you can read up on it and a bit about the settings used on the Miners Den blog here- oops, i need to have 10 posts to post a link. head to the Miners Den website and look for the blog.

running in normal with a low sens has worked a treat for me in a lot of areas of even hot variable ground, but understanding the ground balance and how to use it is quite important though. I have learned to trust the GB on the zed and it hasn't steered me wrong so far. i have dug many many ground noises to prove my trust and its been hard and frustrating but has been worth it.

I look forward to contributing a bit of these pages- just because i work for a dealer doesn't mean i'm full of bs and out to fleece anyone- i'm just a passionate prospector who loves to help others get the most from their gear.

I will vouch. Cory is an honest guy. Never steered me wrong, and always willing to help.

Smoky bandit said:
I No NOTHING about it...except its expensive. I personally couldnt justify the expence...because the gold we find are just tiny pickers.......im druling for a SDC..But when i do make that voyage to gold nugget land. ..Im going to want to have the best machine possible. ...at least another 20 yrs away.lol 8.(

Tiny Pickers????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JP couldn't be more right. And its great to hear that he goes through the same thoughts as we all do.
It can be hard some times, but persistence is a must. And that always doesn't mean in the one spot.

I have found large gold where they said you would only find dust.

I have found gold where they said you would find NONE.

Happy prospecting. And I will get a 19" for my ZED once I believe I have mastered the 14" and the ZVT. But that is like a relationship, it takes time, patience, dedication and commitment. oh and TRUST! In your equipment and your ability.

:D

There hasn't been much mentioned about the 19" z coil lately. Have people lost interest in it? Is it a dud? Or, has it become a closely kept secret because it's turned out better than expected? wiley coyote.

The 19" coil is a ripper if you're prepared to put in the time with it. A few people who don't like to post pics on the forum have sent me photos and details of finds that have been very very deep and rather large, as is many ounces in one piece. :Y: Sorry I can't divulge anymore info as I promised to keep their finds under my hat.

Yeah I love the Z19, just like the Z in the first place is a learning curve but once you know her she is a beast. Just forget about all the crap you read as the Z got that in it's infancy too and just buy one and use it. ohh and get ready to dig big holes really big holes.

Thanks for the input guys. I've had a 19" z coil for about 9 months now,but don't use it much as I've found that i have to turn the settings so far down due to the extreme ground noise etc. that i feel I'm getting more depth using the 14"coil with the settings cranked up a bit more. The ground's pretty hot around the Inglewood, Kingower area where I detect, which doesn't help much!

I do a fair bit around kinggower though summer i had my 7000 only 4 few months what r your basic settings if u dont mind ive picked up just 2 compare

I thought the 19" was supposed to actually handle ground noise better? The bigger the coil the better the ground noise but the worse the EMI. The 19" is also supposed to allow you to run in Normal more often due to better ground noise handling.

Not sure what settings you're running but maybe try Normal, high yield, volume about 8 or below, sensitivity at 2 or so. Keeping volume and sensitivity at the low end of the scale should help with any EMI issues.

Good luck with it all :Y:

I must admit when I am somewhere that has a lot of ground noise I will use the 19 where i can because it runs smoother IMO.

Last time I used the 19", this is what I had it turned down to. Hi yield, difficult,max vol 8, vol limit 8, sens 8,smoothing high. Tried in manual and auto, no better in either. Tried it in extreme, no better. Used the ferrite on start up each time. I don't think it's E.M.I. but ground noise, as it moans louder toward the end of each swing,but I'm not raising the coil at the end of each sweep. It was still registering on targets over all the background noise, but its exhausting and unpleasant to use for too long like this as I have to concentrate too hard to interpret every noise it is making. It's simply easier to put the 14' on,crank it up and enjoy the rest of the day. After using the 19" for 2/3 hours, it takes about 2 days for the ringing in my ears to settle down. Maybe I've got a dud coil! wiley.

After seeing your settings I think you might have a dud coil too Wiley. Strange that in difficult and high smoothing that you are still getting ground noise. And yes, it doesn't sound like EMI.

Do you know anyone you can compare with? Maybe just go back to dealer and discuss.

Good luck :Y: