Minelab SD2200 tips, settings, questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have to agree with Mbasko's post , he covered pretty well everything . I just sold mine for $1400 and sold it within a week and probably could have got more as there was a lot of interested people.
I think they are the best entry PI machine due to there performance and stability compared to the previous 2000 and 2100 which could be a bit erratic a lot of the time.
800 is a bargain.. even if you decide 12 months down the track you dont wont it you will still sell for a profit :)

Gaz

Spyhunter said:
A 2200 for $800 is a good buy I just paid $1000 for a 2100

Don't feel disheartened though , you still got a worthwhile machine at a fair price :cool: . Some bargains appear every now and then for the lucky ones , maybe your luck will come in the way of a mofo nugget :)

Gaz

yeah I was in the just the right place joining in a talk about detectors after the bloke said do I want to buy it when the price was said I grabbed it

GaryO said:
Spyhunter said:
A 2200 for $800 is a good buy I just paid $1000 for a 2100

Don't feel disheartened though , you still got a worthwhile machine at a fair price :cool: . Some bargains appear every now and then for the lucky ones , maybe your luck will come in the way of a mofo nugget :)

Gaz

Yes they do, a 4500 for $1550 was a recent purchase of mine :) :cool:
Lee

Hi gents, this is my first post, so please be gentle.
I've done a lot of reading but can't seem to get an answer for my question. I have an un modded 2200v2 with 3 coils:
Coiltek 430x280 DD pro
Coiltek 350 DD
Minelab GP series 11inch DD

Which coil would you recommend for standard gold Prospecting around Gippsland (mostly high country gullies)? I rigged up my own cordless amplified headphones, so she sounds great and portability / weight doesn't worry me.

Look forward to your responses, love the forum.

Regards

LD

Hey mate,
Welcome to the forum.
I used an SD2200d for some years until mid year this year, I'm in NQ, so not familiar with your mineralisation down there, I recommend testing to see if you can run a mono coil & I would recommend a 14" or 12" NF advantage coil, give the 350 DD a go, the one thing that I would suggest is an audio booster for the SD.
cheers
Lee

I have a friend with a 2200, anyone with advice for him please on recommended settings. He is heading WA and wants to do a bit of swinging. I ave a few co-ords for him, but I stayed with my 2100 before going onto and finishing up with the Gpx 4500... missed the 2200 and 2300. Would appreciate any help or links

Thanks in anticipation

Johnno.

May have to see if Finders is still good

Thanks but he is really a goanna detectorist, more interested in artefacts, but as he s going to WA I want to give him a slightly better chance of getting some yellow stuff with my co-ords . So prob just a new battery will do him.

Latest posts