Hand Crevice Sucker Pump

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just curious would an inline check valve from Bunnings
1430831799_image.jpg
work pretty much the same as the gold and sand hand pumps?
I'm turning my yabby pump into a crevice cleaner and need some advice I've read multiple threads about it, am not too keen on the Emro yabby/bilge pump thing

I was thinking of two check valves. What are peoples opinions?

Ps thanks
Regards Chris

The reason I think two check valves on a Y piece would be first on the suction side to close once suction pressure drops and slurry settles and secon on the discharge section so that way when I'm sucking up the slurry it's not pulling air through my discharge hose instead of sucking from the bottom, if that makes sence

Hey Chris
Sad to say, but adding a check valve to a hand pump, technically adds mechanical advantage, thus it is not legal, giving the powers that be more ammunition to use latter to ban hand pumps altogether.
just my opinion
cheers
Boyd

Hey Chewy
Nicely put mate, i for one am in the hobby for the long run, and have realized very quickly that if we wish keep it for the future, then we need to work within the guidelines and create a positive image to the community as a whole.
Cheers
Boyd

bmzgold said:
Hey Chewy
Nicely put mate, i for one am in the hobby for the long run, and have realized very quickly that if we wish keep it for the future, then we need to work within the guidelines and create a positive image to the community as a whole.
Cheers
Boyd
Yeah, gotta play by the rules or the powers that be will take the bat and ball away from us all. Dredging on a small scale has it's supporters, and I'm not against the idea as such, it's just a no no for now and the foreseeable future. But who knows what may happen down the track? Cheers Andy.

Pleased to see this topic, been thinking of trying to design a crevicing pump system (manual to comply with NSW) with classifier somehow part of water flow. Have not been able to get a one person operation. Thanks for some more ideas.

So I've fitted the attachment that you can purchase from peacekeeper here on the forum to my yabbie pump and I'm ready for a week of digging ,sluiceing and detecting rigged a bucket and hose up to it I found you can buy what they call seed hose from your rural store it's used on farm seeders for planting crops it's smooth bore inside and light and flexible to go from the device to the bucket witch catches your spoils anyway we will c how it goes shortly and report back in

My 2nd one will be for filling up the transfer case etc on tbe 4x4. First one will be given a go for crevices.

I hope there are some left for me.
I was going to get one for crevices as well. As they are cheap I might get two just in case the first one works and breaks.
It would be good if it comes with the hose in the photo ALDI show.

I will prob have a catchment container on the in take side, ( like an inline filter) 1 hose in and one to pump, this will help stop material going into the pump. For $8 I wil give it a go

Just a quick thought.

If this pump works, we have a solution for using a high banker, if you can get the pump / flow rate right.

It should meet the requirements of being non-power driven pump as it is a hand tool.

I wonder what flow rate this pump could produce.

Latest posts