Grabben gullen or oberon

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all.
Been busy at work but im keen for a dig and seeing this rain is disappearing im gunna head tomorrow
What's the go at grabben gullen lately? Really wanna get up there
Otherwise im gunna hit porters retreat or maybe chase some yellow at oallen ford.
Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance
Ian

G'day Ian, I didn't notice you're post mate. Hope you had a good dig down there. I've never found any cutters at GG.

Alex and myself will be heading back to BB early in January most likely.

madfisher said:
Hey all.
Been busy at work but im keen for a dig and seeing this rain is disappearing im gunna head tomorrow
What's the go at grabben gullen lately? Really wanna get up there
Otherwise im gunna hit porters retreat or maybe chase some yellow at oallen ford.
Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance
Ian

I went to Porter retreat yesterday :lol:

Do you have any pics of the cutters? I've only been to GG once and the largest thing I got was a tiger leach stuck to me :8
Jon

TheFossickingKid said:
How did you go out there malau?

Find some sapphire and a bit of gold, but less than the first time. However got some large blood red zircon/gemstone (I cant tell if they are different or some thing) which in I cant remember 1/4" or 1/8" sieve.

Apart from that, many tiny zircon (light orange/brown color) and lots of flies.

Thinking try some new area perhaps can be as early as next week

TheFossickingKid said:
I went out there at the beginning of the year and found about 10 sapphires and 15 zircon. I also came across a snake while packing up which wasn't the best lol.

In GG or Oberion?

Anyone heading out Grabben soon?? wouldn't mind tagging along and learning a few things. I have one pan and got myself a detector recently but wanting to get into panning and finding some sapphires and the gold stuff, just not sure if I am doing it right or looking in the right areas. I know I need a bit more gear but really just want to learn some tricks, I am hoping to buy some sieves soon as well. I am from Yass and free most weekends I also want to try out Wee Jasper if anyone ever heads out that way.

Cheers