Sluice or highbanker mats / matting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What_Trigger said:
Been looking at the dream mat, cant find any info though on how it would perform on nuggets in the .5 gram size and up. Although they wouldn't be common and at the end of the day I could just run the detector over the tailings just to make sure.

But if I go that route, it'll be a little further down the track due to the current set up expense
To solve this problem, run some expanded mesh at the top of the matting.
1481655297_2016-12-14_05.54.17.jpg

After I took this photo, I cut down the mesh to fit, and ran some moss under it.
It catches all the larger pickers no worries.

Cheers XIV :)
That may be exactly what I'll do in the future, but much to learn in the meantime. Might as well get the basics right before getting too fancy.

In the meantime I'll run this mat i have since it seems to have gotten the ok

Hey guys, I got some un-backed miners moss and black v ribbed matting for underneath.
The banker came with riffles, expanded mesh and carpet. If you start and stop it the gold would blow out the back.

So with riffles, expanded mesh, miners moss, and the ribbed v matt will I still need to clean up each time I stop it?

Logic tells me the gold should run through the moss and be trapped by the v matting.

Occasional_panner said:
Hey guys, I got some un-backed miners moss and black v ribbed matting for underneath.
The banker came with riffles, expanded mesh and carpet. If you start and stop it the gold would blow out the back.

So with riffles, expanded mesh, miners moss, and the ribbed v matt will I still need to clean up each time I stop it?

Logic tells me the gold should run through the moss and be trapped by the v matting.

Bump

Occasional_panner said:

Mate the short answer is yes moss packs up when you shut down and you need to get it active again. Provided you have enough water and angle to get your material fluid again you can shut down and start up again but yoi need enough riffle coverage for this to work. Expanded metal works well and you see this in commercial washplants.

Thanks for the reply Dustin AKA Goldratt.Even though I didn't buy you product you made an effort to pass on your knowledge. Thanks mate, good bloke!

I like the look of that ribbed matting Marksman,how would a piece of that go on the slick area under the hopper to catch the fine Oallen gold? Or maybe in the hopper itself.

no idea but i will be fitting it tomorrow see how it runs
i use that in my cleanup half pipe at the end of the day and it so much quicker then panning and you dont loose any

Occasional_panner said:
Thanks for the reply Dustin AKA Goldratt.Even though I didn't buy you product you made an effort to pass on your knowledge. Thanks mate, good bloke!

Mate im always a prospector and Pa member before a manufacturer goes without saying saying ill help where I can.

I ran moss with vribb under expanded metal for years with great results i just got tired of collecting heaps of concentrates and eventually migrated to gold hog and this year dream mat.

Golddigg, with the dream mat been 10" wide, just curious to what us with the 250mm wide sluicys can do to fit the mat. As looking at XIV's mat trimming a little off each side looks like it would effect the actual catch cell

Hey what_trigger

Mate i get alot of guys swapping out their riffles for dream mat running sluicy bankers. Theres a fair wide open tolerance in their models so some are 250mm some 255.5 some 240mm so its a bit hard for me to make a recommendation.

Id say out of maybe 20 odd that i know of the 10 inch mat pushed in fine meaning the sluice channel was more like 254mm remembering it is urethane so its soft and rubber like so it can be forced down. When sitting in the car on a hot day it will expand. I would simply trim the under edge round with some skissors which would work to make a round edge releasing the pressure.

If you want to ship your banker to me i can pull the mat and lay it inside a channel before it fully cures.

Some guys just bought a 8 inch mat and build rubber bumpers which i shot a video of how to do a few months back.

Personally id use the 10 inch and round the underside which can be done without having to cut through half an inch of urethane

Nice improvement on the carpet mate. Id just run the expanded mesh mate youll double your throughput and smooth everything out with better capture rates

G0lddigg@ said:
Nice improvement on the carpet mate. I'd just run the expanded mesh mate you'll double your throughput and smooth everything out with better capture rates

That's interesting, I have the same brand, but a G11 which is 900mm long.
So if you change to miners moss with the v matt underneath it's better to do away with the riffles altogether?

The expanded mesh that comes with the sluicy is pretty thin, would it help to go up in size?

Cheers Mark

Latest posts