Makro Racer can it find Gold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To day I was using a makro racer 2 with the 10 or 11 coil x something on and I was very impressed on how it handled the mineralized ground and how well it worked even managed to pick up a shot gun pellet that surprised me regards john :)

Good to hear John.
They will pick gold down to a size that a 14 kHz unit just shouldn't pick up. A smooth real threshold all-metal mode makes all the difference.

Nenad

Great relic machines too, all my modern coin finds go in my Racer Gold jar, looking forward to getting my mitts on one.

I was there for that weekend training folks...was good to see others finding gold with the RACER.

For years I have used a Fisher Gold Bug 2 which runs at around 70klhz I have found hundreds of tiny nuggets with this machine mainly going over low mineralised mullock heaps. Has anyone done a comparison with the Gold Racer which runs at a lower 50klhz. It would be interesting to see which machine handles higher mineralised ground better finding deeper smaller targets. I have owned and used a Whites Gmt but found the Gold Bug2 was the better more sensitive machine.

Have compared both. In non mineralised soil where you can run the bug 2 in low mineral and boost it is very hard to beat. But the G Racer with the 7x4" coil also running boost and a high sens with lower iSat is neck n neck.

As soon as mineralisation comes into play even small amounts, the Gold Racer quickly jumps ahead, both due to the DD coils and having more control.

Latest posts