button millatry and civilian buttons buckles need help to identify

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1476776898_14767768720771072050356.jpg
look forward to each clean

From the looks of all of your finds I would think the site is from some sort of early seemstress type establishment where they made and fixed military and other type clothing. ( just a stab in the dark). 8) ;) :D

Very close mate . I know a lot oh history abuot my site . And yes all or most of my finds r from clothes but there is more to the story

Can you tell us more about your site without giving the game away?
It sure has me intrigued :eek:
You have some incredibly cool finds ... and in abundance :)

Lol if i tell more about my site it would be easy to locate sory my frind but i can say the itomes i find were discarded in rubish dump used from 1886-1918 ????? one day ill share gpe cords

All our sites would be nearly as interesting if we used sieves as well Sandta, might hook one up on the end of the ACE and see how I go with it ! :lol:

cleasby said:
Very close mate . I know a lot oh history abuot my site . And yes all or most of my finds r from clothes but there is more to the story

Just a wild guess but were they burning plague or smallpox infected clothing there maybe? Interesting there are so many in one place. :)

129 middle is a waist coat buckle - many say they are suspender buckles but waistcoats were very popular in the day. 129 looks like the metal borders of a cloth or leather purse. Your dig reminds me of the American Diggers magazines dig last year at an old button factory. There they were digging in the recycled clothing dumps. Never saw date marks on tent/tarp eyelets before.

Any chance of some more bottle pics?

You're onto a dream site there Cleasby. When you've picked off all the surface finds it really would be worth investing in a metal detector as there's bound to be as much or more buried out of site.

Latest posts