⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done Phil great feeling to find your first grammer . Can be tough to find your next one though but persistence will pay off eventually as it already has.

Out this weekend around Dunolly and Maryborough and caught up with (in alphabetical order): Chewy, Dig'n-it, GoldRat, Patrick1, TryHard1968, Vstrom.
Only a little yellow found, but was a great catch-up with old mates. Found two littlies near Moliagul/Inkerman on Saturday morning with the team, two more near Maryborough with most of the group in the pm, then three today with Chewy the otersole detector. Chewy mate, you have as much patience of a doctor (nearly a pun - i.e patients) when detecting ;). Hope you scored well today.
Many thanks to TryHard1968 who loaned me his Zed with the Minelab 19" coil. I couldn't believe the depth difference with my 4500 and 14*9" Evo coil with a 0.6g target. He exactly doubled mine!!!!! Anyone who says that coil isn't a lethal weapon in the Vic GT is (IMO) a total idiot!!!!!!

Ended up getting a few little ones . Great to see the mozzies are all but gone :D
1480846078_image.jpg

Well done BigWave. Shame I only managed half a day out. However, it was a great arvo out catching up with you all. No gold for me but certainly dug some great targets. One bullet head was in a natural riffle of vertically compressed shale ( or what ever it was). It was screaming and due to the riffle thought I was on to a ripper nugget.
Another was a screamer in between the thick between two bushy shrubs, where no one had stuck there detector. At first I dug out a shotgun cartridge cap. Bugger I thought. However when I checked the hole I still had a strong target. I dug down another 6 or so inches and hit a tree root and a chunk of Quartz and started to get excited again. Had the 15" Evo on and the hole was quite big so got out the pin pointer. Within seconds I located the point right beside the tree root. With my scope I retrieved the target only to identify another bullet head. Double bugger!
It was exciting!
I always look at finds like this as a good thing. It means others hadn't been there. It was real nice ground and BigWave had found gold.
Unfortunately for me I didn't strike it lucky.
Until next time. Cheers

Nice finds Bjay. Congrats

I am looking forwards to seeing some of you guy's in March. :) :)
Going to the Detector Jamboree then on down to Laanecoorie.
2 weeks of it. :) :)
A few of those days will be spent with my Uncle at Laanecoorie.

BigWave said:
Out this weekend around Dunolly and Maryborough and caught up with (in alphabetical order): Chewy, Dig'n-it, GoldRat, Patrick1, TryHard1968, Vstrom.
Only a little yellow found, but was a great catch-up with old mates. Found two littlies near Moliagul/Inkerman on Saturday morning with the team, two more near Maryborough with most of the group in the pm, then three today with Chewy the otersole detector. Chewy mate, you have as much patience of a doctor (nearly a pun - i.e patients) when detecting ;). Hope you scored well today.
Many thanks to TryHard1968 who loaned me his Zed with the Minelab 19" coil. I couldn't believe the depth difference with my 4500 and 14*9" Evo coil with a 0.6g target. He exactly doubled mine!!!!! Anyone who says that coil isn't a lethal weapon in the Vic GT is (IMO) a total idiot!!!!!!

Sounds like you had a great weekend BW. We went to the APLA bbq here and enjoyed a pleasant lunch with like minded people. I was chatting to a guy who finds a lot of gold with a group of friends. He has a 2300, 4500, 5000 and a 7000. He loves his 7000 but is holding out on buying the 19" coil. He was telling my of their last trip out and some of his great finds up to 3oz nuggets. In the next breath he said that to be truthful he can't say that he's found anything that he wouldn't have got with the 4500 or 5000. I'm yet to be convinced that I should lighten my pocket by enough to make up for carrying the extra weight of the 7000.

Hi MB, have avidly followed your and Mrs MB's wonderful posts with fantastic pictures. Well done mate - I can only dream.
TryHard1968 really knows his Zed, and set me up for a quick trial. With a 0.6g target, his Zed and the 19" picked it up cleanly at around 14-15". Using my best set-up on my 4500 and the Evo 14*9", I was able to detect cleanly at around 8". Only a quick test to be fair, but the difference was outstanding. I'm convinced, but atm my pockets are about as light as they can get :(

Latest posts