SinHof and the CTX3030.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the comments folks, all will be revealed tomorrow, well all I can post here and some images of the contents of the container, like I posted it was quite a surprise find.
Cheers, Sinhof.
PS: Baked lamb dinner got priority over taking photos of finds from within the container.

G'Day Folks,
Time to do some explaining to ease the suspense.
Surprise number one when the Cadbury container was first opened, was the odd smell coming from within, when it was first pulled from the sand I thought it had a rather ornate pen of some description inside, it was hard to tell as the label was obscuring the item, removing the item it turned out to be a "pipe" made from polished brass and a redish coloured material covering the centre section. It became obvious as to what the smell was and what its intended use was, for obvious reasons it's not proper to put up an image of said item here, I don't think anyway; but members may have a pretty good idea as to what I'm talking about.
Second surprise and a lot more interesting was the collection of coins in the container, there were twenty in total, eight Australian, the other twelve were from all over the world, one can't help but wonder what the association is with the pipe and the multi national coin collection, the answer will probably never come to light.
There you have the details of yesterday's beach hunt folks, hope I have not over estimated the interest factor here, that said though I found it a quite intriguing find.
Cheers, SinHof.
1480897153_20161205_101237.jpg
1480897181_20161205_101841.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: Looks like you found a backpackers stash box, top job SinHof
He'll be kicking himself for burying it on a beach that gets metal detected :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a way to score silver SinHof.
Even though the 1962 New Zealand looks excellent, it's just not silver like ours were. :D

Hmmm an interesting find for sure Sinhof, yeah I agree, backpackers stash box, makes you wonder what they were thinking putting those coins in with their "medical cannabis" pipe. :lol:

Hi Folks,
Thanks for the interesting comments, Heatho, maybe whoever lost the container may not have been thinking too well, could well have been away with the sand dune fairies or the like and could not find their way back to the stash?????????????????
Cheers, Sinhof.

SinHof said:
Hi Folks,
Thanks for the interesting comments, Heatho, maybe whoever lost the container may not have been thinking too well, could well have been away with the sand dune fairies or the like and could not find their way back to the stash?????????????????
Cheers, Sinhof.

Hmmmm now where did I put that ummmm thing, duuuh just gotta remember first what that thing was, errr then I might umm know where I put it.... :D

Mayhaps said pipe'ee was in the hole holding up the container on high, yelling, " I FOUND IT " to his mates when the sand closed in around him. His comrades in smoke being the types to scamper off laughing about their good fortunes for not being the ones left in the hole !
Only one fact can be surmised about the individual, and that, only if he were in fact left handed, and that fact is, that he was ,..... SINGLE ! ;)
Otherwise we would be hearing about the wedding band being pried off yon bony finger ! :eek:
Unless some other serious theories are being bandied around ! :D

That's too funny
I reckon he had it gps marked on his Iphone and when he returned later that night with a fresh bag :eek: :eek: :eek: 8.( 8.( 8.(
8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Silly bugga probably buried it in the same spot ,.... creatures of habit n all (ha). :p 8) ;)

He's been around, shame he's lost his souvenirs :lol: :lol: maybe he'll bury something better there tomorrow :lol: :lol:

Latest posts