looking for work

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jamie,
Yes it would be good to hit the gold fields ....
The temps are getting up there at the moment.......
We are getting late 40's here on the job....
Most of the gold areas are in the mid to late 40's and summer has only just started....
Going to be a tad warm this summer.....

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

cazalla said:
I would've thought Wollongong being Wollongong would've made for the pawn broker industry to be growing larger? I'm up this way at the moment and I went into town for a bit of a look around because it's been years and despite the new Central buildings going up, the place is littered with cash advance and loan places and just looks all around shite and worse than ever before. Wollongong reminds me of what happened to Detroit. The place use to look much better 30 years ago when I'd take the bus in there with my nanna on a Sunday, there's nothing but riff raff around the joint now it seems.

I used to live in a block of flats accross from Wollongong hospital, worked at Ern Webbs, and walked down the street to work. Early in the morning I would watch a train load of smack junkies get of the train with fishing rods, electric guitars,TV,s etc and head straight to the Pawn shop near the pub above the station. Then the zombies would head down to the methodone clinic, then to the dodgey smack dealers at the station or up stairs from the pawn shop, then shoot up on the station platform and have a little snooze on the bench waiting for the next train....Thats one of the reasons for cash advance, and the rest of the pawn brokers in the Gong, and one of the reasons I left there, before that I lived in Wonoona, and that was totally different, loved it there.

Good luck with the Job Jamie.

Latest posts