Going wireless on SDC

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
polky said:
So, are we saying the pro sonic can't be used on the sdc one day and
then the 4500 the next.

Polky

It will work with any detector that has a 6.5mm headphone jack mate and SDC with connector. We are just talking about the wireless modules on the GPZ and CTX not being able to connect with the new pro sonic system.

Probably be available in America or UK first. I use an amplifier with twin speakers now but do get some white noise coming through. It would be interesting comparing it to blue tooth systems which some people use now and can be bought cheaply from ebay.

I guess the only difference with this system is that you have a booster and speaker in one, so that's one less wire to worry about.
If the sound and volume is as good as a GME speaker and B&Z or Detacc booster then it'll be a good system.

Good if you use an SDC & another detector/s, as you can keep the SDC adaptor attached, and then just swap out the transmitter between machines.

Wonder if Minelab will offer a cheaper option without SDC adaptor, as many people don't own an SDC, or already have an SDC adaptor :cool:

goldwright said:
Yeah be interesting if they just sell transmitters by themself so you can have a few machines setup and one receiver.

Yes I think bottom line will be how many dollars it will cost you to have this hanging from your belt and also how much louder the volume control can make the SDC ?
:)

PhaseTech said:
I guess the only difference with this system is that you have a booster and speaker in one, so that's one less wire to worry about.
If the sound and volume is as good as a GME speaker and B&Z or Detacc booster then it'll be a good system.

Good if you use an SDC & another detector/s, as you can keep the SDC adaptor attached, and then just swap out the transmitter between machines.

Wonder if Minelab will offer a cheaper option without SDC adaptor, as many people don't own an SDC, or already have an SDC adaptor :cool:

Exactly right, I have already purchased an adaptor and dont need a spare. But the big thing will be price.

This looks like a great little setup.

It will be nice to see these included in, or with future SDC packages, even GPX packages. It's hard to go back once you've run a wireless setup.

Just quietly, I'm betting they pulled idea from the old wireless SDC thread here ;)

Regards,
Shauno.

what gets me...is a company that can design a machine that finds gold in any soil, cant get the little things right from the start, take the GPX,s a big clumsy battery not attached to the detector, no built in speaker, a clumsy to use set up. The SDC, headphone problems, need adaptor to fix it, then its to short when you put it down, has an internal speaker....on the wrong side for 90% of the population. Just seems that these are simple fixes really, the EQ spirit addresses the battery problem, why couldnt minelab do something like that? They are now addressing the wireless options for audio.Surly this could have been done years ago? Their little half battery for the GPX,s , 3hours use time....really????for $230? why would you bother.

I really dont think they use the feedback form users. Items like adaptors bluetooth options etc. should hit alarm bells in terms of value adding to the sale years ago.
But intead they tend to let thrid party sellers reap the sales. Really sales 101 tells you to value add which leads to greater profit.

Totally agree Dave! I was an early adapter to wireless on the SDC & always thought that it in particular should have been wireless from the start with options for both a wireless speaker module & wireless headphones. Better design could have removed the inbuilt speaker & had a lightweight li ion battery set up most likely making it even more compact + lighter. More than likely they went with the current package to save on tooling etc. using the F3 compact exterior design?
Wireless (even Bluetooth) has been small, low cost & available in very low latency (undetectable delay) for years. Moving forward no detector should come without it IMO. This kit should be added into their higher cost detector range that doesn't have wireless as standard i.e. SDC + GPX. They really need to look at good quality headphones suitable for detecting that are compatible with this system too giving users another option & even greater freedom from wires!
The EQ spirit, Ismaels "Little Ripper" (no longer available) & the multitude of DIY lightweight batteries that include wireless systems proves that it is possible/viable to improve on power + audio options.
Every Minelab gold detector I've owned I have tried to go either lighter battery systems, wireless or both! I even set my Fisher Gold Bug up for wireless just yesterday - works great! It's one thing I have appreciated not having to muck around with on the GPZ. Pity the rest of it is so heavy :lol:

Pricing has been announced. $399. Shipping to dealers from tomorrow. If anyone's keen let me know.

1482124926_minelab-pro-sonic-new-2017-02.jpg

HarryHoudini said:
Wow $400 but I do not need the SDC adaptor...
You do because I believe the one in the kit is a SDC adapter to Mini USB for the transmitter. It's not the same as the lead that you already have that is SDC adapter to 6.5mm female for headphones.

Latest posts