GPZ7000 Smallest Finds.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1480750748_image.jpg

Found in general 0.14

Anyone beat that?

1480751496_14765240258780.jpg

0.06 smallest yet. Found on the side of a gully in shale where I'd found quite a few with the SDC. Found no other gold there with the GPZ but only spent about 45mins going over the areas I remembered getting the gold from to see if anything deeper might have been there.
Edit: High Yield/Difficult & was running sensitivity around 14-16 at the time.

Smoky bandit said:
Ya may as well be sluicing. Lol :D
That bit was probably the smallest I got from that particular gully. Would be a good gully for fine gold I reckon but it holds no water to run a sluice etc. Maybe a dryblower (illegal here) or Outbacks Gold Winder? Using the SDC I now know the areas the gold is holding up in :D Found some trenching further up the hill but it's fairly minor. The next gully on has some surfacing at it's bottom end so could still be some eluvial gold on the slopes. Could take a bit of sluicing to cover all of it though :rolleyes:

Smoky bandit said:

Yep and that's why I run in extra deep.....
:D
I'm not smug nor cocky but like when I go fishing I run with big baits
But if small stuff is your endeavour go for it

Yer mate i use big baits as well.....big bait big fish.....unfortunately where i live.... its all small gold...so sluicing is the only way to go.... :/

Unfortunately here... no highbankers ... trommels ..or water pumps...everything has to be done by hand....So sluicing can only be done when the creeks are running.....qld laws suck. :mad: :eek: :D

Mickkat12 said:
Smoky bandit said:

Yep and that's why I run in extra deep.....
:D
I'm not smug nor cocky but like when I go fishing I run with big baits
But if small stuff is your endeavour go for it
That's the beauty of the GPZ in my opinion. The 14" coil can ping the ridiculously small specs in the settings I was using & will still register the deep big ones if you swing over one - you don't need to be in extra deep to find big or deep nuggets! For that matter you don't need a GPZ either just for big deep gold.
I don't think anyone endeavours to find miniscule gold only but I'm yet to meet a gold detectorist that throws any small stuff back! :lol:
Was that bit above your first with the GPZ?

Latest posts