Soverign xs.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
G'Day all I am looking for a coil & id meter to suit a soverign xs. I have a small coil & want a larger one. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
1479283925_image.jpg
Cheers.

Hard to come by when it comes to a sov gt I'm getting in contact with a mate that only uses sovereigns . Nel does coils for sovereigns . I will let you know hoe I go with your machine mate . If you have not heard then no luck. But good to see someone using s sov .

Danny

Hi Dave.I've got a coiltek all terrain 15" coil that I used on my sovereign xs2 pro detector.It's called an all terrain as it's fully waterproof. (I've never used it in water, only for gold in junky areas,). It's as new, probably had about 10 hours use.$150 + postage. if interested,p.m. me and I'll send you photos of it.

Thanks guys for all the replies & messages. I will be inspecting a coil & meter this weekend. WC sorry but i think your 15" coil might be a bit big for me. I will keep you in mind if i change my mind. Gary O Yeah i saw some on fleabay go cheep just before i bought the sov. (Thats life i guess). Cheers.

Sorry pete i cant help with that as the sov & its accesories are new to me. So i am learning as i go. Cheers.

Without seeing the 2 you speak.of , id guess and say you are talking about 1. Is a digital meter , so displays targets in a digital number .
2. Is an anologue scale meter which just moves a bar along a scale next to what coin it represents.
The digital meter is far more accurate and show the dif between a 1c and a $1 coin for example , as they are so closely related the bar scale will not show the 1 digital point variation
A company called Sunray also ( may still ? ) manufacturer digital meters that work very well.

Gaz

To be honest ... you don't really want the meter ... I had one and I am a Sovereign GT user ... I didn't find the meter helpful at all - you can tell what the target is for the most part by the sound of the detector ... the meter does not have a depth gauge which IMO is what would be handy in a park environment - the ID number wasn't an accurate indicator of the target - I find the sounds are better and at night you can't see it anyway ....

If anyone is looking for a coil for their Sovereign, I have a lightly used Detech 13" Ultimate up for grabs. Will also have a complete Sovereign available soon - just waiting for a few parts.

PhaseTech said:
If anyone is looking for a coil for their Sovereign, I have a lightly used Detech 13" Ultimate up for grabs. Will also have a complete Sovereign available soon - just waiting for a few parts.

Have you managed to try that 14x10 yet ?

John.

PhaseTech said:
Hi mate do you have a 9 inch concentric for a xterra 705. :lol:

Smoky bandit said:
PhaseTech said:

Only new :)

Ridge Runner said:
PhaseTech said:

John.

Yeah. A lot twitchier than the ultimate. The ultimate is very stable. I think the Excellerator must have a more powerful pre-amp - but I like that :cool: Have to run the Sens a lot lower than where I can run the 10" Tornado

PhaseTech said:
Ridge Runner said:
PhaseTech said:

John.

Yeah. A lot twitchier than the ultimate. The ultimate is very stable. I think the Excellerator must have a more powerful pre-amp - but I like that :cool: Have to run the Sens a lot lower than where I can run the 10" Tornado

Funny that, I found on my machine, it was not as twitchy as the factory 10" D2 coil, If anything it handled the EMI a fraction better and it can see bits weighing 0.02g but it handles the ground better.

John.

EDIT:- If I change modes I have to drop the sensitivity down a bit because it gets Chatty, much like what you are seeing.

PhaseTech said:
Smoky bandit said:
PhaseTech said:

Only new :)
How much new mate.....And do they come with a coil cover :Y: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts