Undetectable Gold (with GPX & Evo coil)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have had this occur on many occasions on certain gold types ............................ the SDC screamed on it and even the Z when put over it only just made a signal. The Z was enough to pull you up but only just. GPX with Evo 12" or 15" saw nothing except a very slight signal when on fine gold setting. Just another reason why an SDC is an invaluable weapon in the arsenal no matter what you swing. ;)

Wouldn't let me edit ?
When I showed a Z user this he couldn't believe how the SDC screamed over a nugget that his Z barely gave a signal over. Made him even happier in the fact his wife was always with him with an SDC so as he said had all bases covered. But it is quite amazing to see a machine respond like it's over a train line and the other barely register but that's how it is ..................... so the Z may be king but it doesn't conquer all and dare I say it at times the little blue fella makes it look dumb

Yeah it's nothing new. I've seen it first hand even with a Whites GMT & GPX5000 although that was with smaller gold & well before the introduction of the new flat/spiral wound coils or SDC/GPZ.
Just thought it was interesting on that sized gold & using a new type coil that there was no signal at all even changing settings etc.
Just goes to once again show there is no one magic detector or coil out there.
I have no doubt that the SDC will make a GPZ look "dumb" in certain scenarios but likewise I've found small gold + speccis with the GPZ that I know the SDC just doesn't have the depth capabilities on but would give a better signal within it's detectable range. It's all relative to the gold type/size, depth, ground & many factors - not just the machine your using.

Would like to know if the elite coils would be any better on same type of gold does anyone have feed back on it. Compare the evolution to the elite.
M

The coil is not the limiting factor in this case, it is the technology used. For this porous, pricky type of gold if you ignore any ground effects the best to worst machines to find it are:

1. High freq VLF, i.e. 48 kHz and up
2. SDC2300
3. GPZ in HY
3. Mid-freq VLF 15-25 kHz
4. GPX 5000 in Fine Gold
5. GPX in Enhance
6. GP series and 4000 in Sensitive

Don't known if Wal was using Sens Extra as I know he does a bit up there, but that may have been a factor as while Sens Extra will punch deeper (where you can run it), Fine Gold does have a slight edge on these hard to hear bits....but....it doesn't make it an SDC.

PhaseTech said:
The coil is not the limiting factor in this case, it is the technology used. For this porous, pricky type of gold if you ignore any ground effects the best to worst machines to find it are:

1. High freq VLF, i.e. 48 kHz and up
2. SDC2300
3. GPZ in HY
3. Mid-freq VLF 15-25 kHz
4. GPX 5000 in Fine Gold
5. GPX in Enhance
6. GP series and 4000 in Sensitive

Don't known if Wal was using Sens Extra as I know he does a bit up there, but that may have been a factor as while Sens Extra will punch deeper (where you can run it), Fine Gold does have a slight edge on these hard to hear bits....but....it doesn't make it an SDC.

Not that I need confirm what you already know Nenad ;) but certainly 2 - 3 and 5 are the only three machines I have been able to check but certainly matches your order of ability. Funny about that hey ? :rolleyes: :D :D :D

Wow , very strange. Altho its a bit wirey it still contains a lot of solid areas . If you broke of the biggest solid section of the nugget you would think it would easily be a detectable size .
Is it the whole piece that confuses the detector ?
I have a speci i found years ago with a goldbug 1 that looks heaps more wirey and finer then Lizs piece and the signal was clear as a bell at 4 or 5 inches.

I've also noticed that the SDC is better at finding speccies than the 5000. SDC is just turn on and go while the 5000 has many adjustable settings- none of which can match the SDC. (Although the 5000 has more depth on solid nuggets). If it's the technology used being the limiting factor, then the SDC has MPF (multi period fast) and the 5000 has MPS (multi period sensing) as well as DVT and SETA. So then it would seem to be that MPF is better at finding prickly speccies than MPS? So why not then incorporate MPF technology into the 5000 and call it the GPX 6000? Would the weight be too much? Biggest drawback with VLF's is that you'll end up with a pocketfull of "hotrocks" at the end of the day.

Latest posts