SDC2300 aftermarket coil information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What ever they come up with will have to be more Universal then the standard Coil is,, Small Coils are great for confined work but very tiring in more open areas, If they make an 8x12 or a 10x14, I will buy one.

vstrom said:
Let's just wait and see when it comes out no good speculating. On test results people can make an informed decision and with warranty that will be up to the individual I do hope it's a good coil from nugget finder. :D
:lol: This whole thread from the start is speculative until they are on the shop shelves.
I first started hearing about a NF coil for the SDC over 2 years ago. The bloke that told me that they were working on one has helped develop other coils. He also told me at least 6 months prior to me seeing anything else on how the GPZ would be packaged that it would be similar to a CTX3030. He is a good source of info ;)

mbasko said:
This whole thread from the start is speculative until they are on the shop shelves.
I first started hearing about a NF coil for the SDC over 2 years ago. The bloke that told me that they were working on one has helped develop other coils. He also told me at least 6 months prior to me seeing anything else on how the GPZ would be packaged that it would be similar to a CTX3030. He is a good source of info ;)

Got any update from the good source.

mbasko said:
vstrom said:
Let's just wait and see when it comes out no good speculating. On test results people can make an informed decision and with warranty that will be up to the individual I do hope it's a good coil from nugget finder. :D
:lol: This whole thread from the start is speculative until they are on the shop shelves.

I think it is more about what people would prefer/Wishes, The Standard Coil must be close to the best coil made for a PI machine when it come to sensitivity, What ever they build I am sure it will be well suited for the task at hand,

Personally I would be happy with either a 12" Mono or a 10x14 ish Coil,,,, But dreams are free and at the moment that is all it is, A Dream.

I was told by the Dealer at Minersden when I bought my SDC that there would most likely be other coils brought out for it at some stage but the detector would "most likely" have to go back to minelab to have it fitted. Though I don't reckon ML would fit another manufacturers coil to their detectors, anyway I'm still interested what becomes available, but yeah an eliptical would be a good choice as Nenad pointed out. Even to just be able to cover more ground quicker and just get an extra inch or 2 of depth would awesome.

Maybe a whipper snipper attachment that works on the coil while we are dreaming :lol:
Extra depth would be great as i have very little cofidence once i get off surfaced/worked areas.
Maybe insulating the top side of the coil would help with emi etc also.

With the new 19" Evo for the GPX only days away and so many complaints regards the weight of the Zee 19" coil :eek: I'd odds on bet the little blue one may have to wait for some time before getting a new shoe ;) ;)

Doesn't bother me greatly as my little one is a pleasure to use at any time and always makes sure I come home with something :lol:

I've herd a whisper that nugget finder are working on the 12inch&14x9inch coils to use with the sdc not sure how this will work has anyone herd anything about this cheers Muk.

It seems that NuggetFinder are getting ready to release some alternatives to the standard SDC 8" coil: :Y:
1506335482_nuggetfinder_sdc_coils.jpg

So what size coils are on peoples' wishlists?

Talking to a Minelab Tech Today.
A lot of the SDC2300 parts will soon be available to buy
online.
They are actually designed to be worked on in the field.
I had a good long look at the Counter Mine equivalents
and Minelab have the service manuals up on their website.
Quite a robust well engineered product actually.

Latest posts