VLF vs PI Detectors , who has right of way when beach detecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G'day heatho point taken , a ctx can get closer to a ctx , but with a 17 x13 coil it's much more sensitive and will pick up an emi from a ghost probably ? Could be new topic that

Well no a 17" coil is not more sensitive, it's most likely a bit less sensitive but a bigger coil is like a bigger aerial, so it was probably picking up EMI from much further away than you would think. Sometimes with big coils you need to drop your sensitivity down a bit for this very reason. On really bad EMI days a small coil will run smoother than a larger coil on a PI.

It's still not going to have problems with an SDC being nearby unless you are right next to each other, it will then be the SDC that suffers.

Danny13 said:
Lol mbasko, probably the emi came from South Australia 3900km away
Be a smartass mate if you want to! There are storms forecast for Brisbane today & a snapshot just south last night + some activity to the north. You are in SE Qld no?
1478908422_idr00004.jpg

SE Qld to SA is only about 2000km also :lol:
You obviously don't take factual advice well so good luck & peace to you.

Danny maybe you should let us all know what you look like or if you have unique article of clothing we can know you by.. And therefore avoid you out in the wild.

You know as a show of respect for your greatness.

That makes sense heatho , have had emi on clear days , so I drop the sensitivity and that solves that , mbasko map proved that. Anyways mbasko it's been a fact finding topic and thank everyone for there contribution here , the map is interesting and my appologies if you thought I was being a smartass, just trying to lighten the topic up a bit mbasko . :)

Personally I don't give a rats tossbag about who's machine may or may not be interfering with whom but if anyone had the audacity to come up to me in a public place and ask me to move away they would be told very promptly where to stick their head. :mad:

RESPECT should be forwarded to whoever was there first end of story.

Yeah Bacchus no one asked anyone to move away , I just said hello, I think I'm getting interference from your PI , we talked about what we found , I was leaving anyway, there were 2 other guys that were getting territorial, for what reason I don't know. thought it was the interference from PI 's , clearly not the case , don't know why the other vlfs parked up looking at the PIs. That's why I thought I put this up for discussion. I have learnt plenty from more experience detectorists .

Regards

I have tried hunting Gold with a VLF and an SDC 2300 near by; depending on settings and other variables... As well as what the SDC2300 was set at... I found that so long as we were at least 3M to 5M away from each other it was not noticeable...

But we tried to be further away as with the heavy ironstone and mineralisation - even the slightest bit of interference may or may not have resulted in falsing...

Like every thing... Many variables and not just PI Vs VLF.... Even CTX Vs CTX or or many others Can interfere. And I am sure that Sun Spot activity can also play a part in some locations.

You should always be respectful... Happy to have some one come and chat to me when on the beach.

But if you come up and start swinging and in my personal space = BAD MANNERS

Most I know will give every one space... Some even happy to then meet at a common point and have a smoke or drink and chat and then go our separate ways.

But do know of a couple that have a second person that will start detecting in your shadow.... Its their way of staking ownership of that beach. Another puts up flags and if you come close or get within his flagged area 20M x 50M - Watch the sparks and crap start flying..

Some people love to spoil a relaxing hobby...

PS. This rant is not directed at Danny - but to raise the issue of Manners and Personal space when swinging...