DigginForGold Vids

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This sortah work, shovel and rake

1470369134_image124.jpeg

This one may be hydraulic sorry
1470369162_pub_017.jpeg

1470369196_fig1.jpeg

1470369225_digg06ml.jpeg

Oh I see. Never knew that was called ground sluicing. Seems ridiculously obvious now haha. Thanks for that Atom :)

Definitely do agree that it was ground sluicing there at that spot with the stacked stones. Without a doubt.

Hey mate,

Should have another one up within a few days. And with the good weather finally rolling around I hope to get out a bit more regularly over the next couple of months.

Thanks for watching

DigginForGold said:
Hey mate,

Should have another one up within a few days. And with the good weather finally rolling around I hope to get out a bit more regularly over the next couple of months.

Thanks for watching

excellent can't wait :)
Have you thought about hitting freestone creek and whallhala areas.
I like the Gippsland crevis spot.
I'm sure they will be good either way
Cheers cam :)

Have definitely thought about the Walhalla area, but its just at that point for me where its far enough away that its too much for a day trip so I like to stay the night but I dont know any good places to camp down that way.

And yeah I want to go back to that Gippsland crevice spot when its dried up with some better tools, and am thinking about pumping out that pool at the end of the exposed bedrock there. I mean, there is exposed bedrock with decent gold, then a big hole, and them more of the exposed bedrock...and the downstream porthin of the bedrock after the hole doesnt have much in it. So Im hoping thats becuase its all piling up in that big hole :) Time will tell...

Hopefully the hole is full of the good stuff.
Looks like a nice spot.

I've passed through whallhala a couple of times there's camping in the town.
But it just isn't the same as being out bush having your own spot.
We headed to the east of whallhala before Seaton. Of springs road
some really nice areas there.
One spot I have to go back to for sure.
Real good holes etc.
Just no where to pitch the family tent, think I'll take my hammock or swag and spend a weekend there.
Just smells like gold :)
Rooftop maps from aussidisposals and camping shops are great for finding camps,swimming/gold holes and rivers
Can pm some spots we for wheel drive into.
We're only new to the area so still exploring.
Cheers cam

DigginForGold said:
Have definitely thought about the Walhalla area, but its just at that point for me where its far enough away that its too much for a day trip so I like to stay the night but I dont know any good places to camp down that way.

And yeah I want to go back to that Gippsland crevice spot when its dried up with some better tools, and am thinking about pumping out that pool at the end of the exposed bedrock there. I mean, there is exposed bedrock with decent gold, then a big hole, and them more of the exposed bedrock...and the downstream porthin of the bedrock after the hole doesnt have much in it. So Im hoping thats becuase its all piling up in that big hole :) Time will tell...
There are plenty of places over that way.
Walhalla is only the tip of the iceberg, that gold field is massive.
I've got several places I go, depending on areas that people are camping.
Cheers Kane.