Advice on Minelab training / trainers

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
after i had my training day postponed on me and couldnt do the new date i havent even contacted them to get a new date, just learning as i go to be honest but i really should contact them as i think it would be beneficial, maybe try and contact minelab, explain what has happened and see if they will get you in on there training

Ill see how it goes Jamie , i was just a bit reluctant to contact them incase i lost the plot over the phone and then have to deal with them on a day trip after giving them a good ole serve . If that makes sence. But anyway the dealer is chasing him up for now..

I can feel a whole name and shame thread starting very soon . These people are really testing my patience , after 2 and a half months im ready to explode ..... sponsors or not im over it :mad:

Can only say again personally I don't think you will have a problem with CWPS involved. Grekky ( the owner ) even had his personal mobile number passed onto me to help out with a small issue .............. they are one of the few dealers I am happy to deal with. Few should really read one of the only two I will deal with actually, the other I will mention below ;)
Also an old saying no need to hit it with a sledge hammer if a tack hammer will do the same job ;)
Most dealers are relying on a third party to do the training which can complicate things. Minelab Brissy are lucky to have Corey as he's a bit of a gun on the gold and I think they used to have a guy that was a gun on the relic detectors but I believe he has moved onto greener pastures :)
I was lucky as I got onto a few guys that had been doing it for thirty odd years and have been a wealth of information and help along the way. There is also a seller on this forum that if you purchased from is more than happy to help you out ;) In fact he helps you out in any case he's just that type of bloke :D
Probably the leader in Minelab tech advice in this country also I'd add here ;) ;) ;)

Hi GaryO, Have you tried contacting minelab themselves. They support the Minelab Adventure Club which helps organise a training day and they give you a keyring tag with a membership no. and ph. no. on it. Cheers Randolph

Gday Blatto
Well i did my training day for the new 4500 last weekend at Hillend . As im experienced using detectors most of the training revolved more around setting up the detector and reading the geology of a goldfield rather than doing a lot of detecting and digging . He set me up with a six inch coil to demonstrate the performance on smaller test pieces and first impressions were pretty amazing compared to my earlier SD machines. His explanations of the various settings made a lot more sense then just reading the manual so im certain that alone will help fastrack my learning curve when im out on my own. I also picked up a few pointers on the best places around the diggings to try plus where gold would unlikely be.
Now its done and after the dramma to book it , i definitely feel it was still worthwhile .
Its just up to me now to get out there and teach myself the rest through hands on experience :cool:

Hi,
This is my first post, have been following this forum for the past 6 months and gained valuable advice from the many varied topics.
Im using a GPZ and have been out a number of occasions, yet to find any yellow stuff. I have however done my bit for restoring our native bush back to its original state by removing tons of non native metal bits including, nails, bullets, shell casings, shot, wire bits etc.

Ive also dug some really deep holes finding nothing at the bottom?

Im not confident that Im using the GPZ at its optimum capacity. Looking to get some specific GPZ training, can anyone recommend the best option/outfit?

Not sure about the best people to go with. I had my training through Bendigo Miners Den and had a bloke going by "Prospector Pete" who I believe is not the same Prospector Pete as on this forum. He was quite good and does do one-on-one training. Can be contacted through Bendigo Miners Den store I think.

Not sure where you are located but there is a post in the Meet-Ups section re: a GPZ owners day this Sunday near Bendigo. You are more than welcome to join us.

After training last week i was busting to actually go give it a whirl in my own spots . I had 2 days off work so i decided to do a day trip today to a spot id found gold previously but have had a dry stretch there for a while. Seemed like a good test for man and machine.
I couldnt get onto my favored area so i looked around for somewhere else more suitable , while keeping in mind what i was taught on my training day.
I found a nice surfaced area with lots of exposed red soil that looked worthwhile....so after a few hours detecting the area it proved to be very low on rubbish which was good as i could concentrate on playing with the settings and smoothing the 4500 out.
End result was 3 bits of trash and nice little .45 gram piece . I Couldn't be happier to find gold on day 1 with a new detector :D

1480331120_2016-11-28_21.33.11.jpg

Congratulations GaryO, good incentive to get back out there, what extras if any did you get with your 4500 package apart from the training day?

They are always worthwhile , not only detecting tips but also helping to understand the geology and the likely places to look for gold. Take a note pad as well to scribble down things for future reference :Y:

Latest posts