XP Deus programs and settings.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I probably don't need another pinpointer (I want one anyway), but I do need a small coil for the Deus - wasn't really expecting a choice of two HF coils. 15kHz should be a good all-round frequency for coin shooting, not sure how much use the two higher frequencies would get other than for prospecting. Either way, still a couple of months away from release to the public, hopefully we will see some coil reviews in that time to see how they stack up to the competitors/current coils. :)

15khz is a good midway point, between 12 and 18, plus being elliptical, bigger battery...I like it. Plus 2.5 reactivity, that makes alot of sense to me, as I use 2 and 3 alot, but having a midway may save me changing. Fixing, deep iron giving high tones....thats been long overdue.

Reading across quite a few other forums, some seem a little disappointed that more wasn't added to the V4.0 software to suit coin/relic hunters after a gadzillion suggestions were put forth. Though the focus was always on the gold coil/s and related software, with a few improvements made along the way. Aside from that, the V4.0 software is free if you do not want to add a gold coil, plus you will still be able to utilise the previous coils/frequencies. Can't think of another detector that offers improvements for nil outlay.

Like yourself Rocket, I tend to flick between 2 & 3 on the recovery, depending on iron/junk concentration and depth requirements, so 2.5 should be quite useful.

Does anyone have info on the above program.????
I would like to have a play with it and see what happens.

From youtube, (man in the hat) Gary's TWO tips for this program are;
1. "Listen for the small lift in the faint signals between the low tones, and the good signals will take care of themselves'.
2. "Don't use discrimination. If in doubt your spade is the best discriminator".

Ultimate program settings are:
Based on Deus fast preset program.
Discrimination = 0
Sensitivity = 95 but knock it right down if you get lots of little audio spikes especially on wet soil.
Frequency = 17Khz on dry or 12Khz on wet
Iron volume = 3
Reactivity = 3
Audio response = 4

To use on 3 tones, set
Tone #1 202HZ
Tone #2 202HZ with 0 threshold
Tone # 3 710Hz with 10 Threshold

OR

to get better ground readings in order to 'pick out' high conductor whispers in a busy ground - select Full Tones

Full tones allows searching between iron and really pick out the good signals. Full tone is a multi-tone audio and assigns a tone for every meter number, so the sound of iron is low, and high conductors have a high tone.
The tones are very smooth and almost blend together, it takes a little time to "zone in" using full tones , but it's well worth the extra time and patience to learn.

So yes I recommend it, as its basically what I have been doing for awhile now, and I reckon its should be your goto program, adjust to suit conditions.

As a newbie owner I've been reading through threads trying to find out what works in Oz and what doesn't, and this is doing my head in.So this is my idea, if you have developed a program that really works well for you can you please post it in here with the details of :-

1/ What it's for, ie. $1-00 and $2-00 coins, rings, silver coins etc.

2/ Where, not exact area, just wet beach,dry beach, GT, etc

3/ Settings

And please to keep this thread clean and easy to follow start separate threads for any discussions
cheers Keith

Hi Mate,

Firstly any of the programs work well here in Australia. My Suggestion to you is to is to use Basic 1 and Basic 2 (Program 1 and 9) and use Fast (Program 3) in the parks where it is a bit trashier to get going.

On the dry beach, use the dry beach settings, wet beach use the wet beach settings or look up Deus beach gold program, I think it's on the list I sent you.

Get to know the Deus and what settings change what part of the detector.
What is reactivity?
What is TX Power?
what is audio response?
Why would I have iron volume turned up or down?
WHY a lower or higher frequency can be better and so on.

There is a lot to learn so best do it in small bite size chunks so you don't get indigestion from all the info.

Take a look in the manual at the back and you can see the differences in the programs in black and white.

Try FULL TONES the sooner you can get used to that the better off you'll be. At the start it will blow your mind so it works best if you can see the targets before you swing over them..... see below about test targets. Full tones is awesome and unleashes the Deus's ability to give you an audio picture of whats in the ground. It takes some getting used to but is well worth the initial brain melt down.

Deus is a Tone detector and very very fast! So play to its strengths.

Also experiment a little, If it's pretty clean try the GM Power and Relic programs, very different machine on those programs compared to 1,3 and 9.

In your position I would stick to the programs that are in the machine and get used to tones, swing speed and the deus settings. Don't change too much too fast or you'll end up more confused than when you started.

There are some test targets in the Box for you, bury them in the yard (or better get someone else to bury them) and get used to what they sound like compared to trash signals. After a while you'll just know what tone/number means what. You need to train your brain to respond to audio tones and its surprising how fast the grey matter can adapt.

My favorite suggestion is to throw a handful of change over your head into the backyard and go find it all. By being able to see the targets as well as hear them on the Deus, your brain will associate the tone with the target faster and when the brain is trained the Deus is a weapon.

But still The best way to learn is simply Hours on the coil. The more you hunt the faster you'll get used to the thing.

Give me a Buzz if it does your head in too much.

Have fun mate

Happy Hunting

Clegy

wow, you ask for alot lol
Just spend time reading through the xp section, and members finds section :)

But most of us develop our own programs, and it takes many months to create settings that work for our area, sites, and individual tastes.

I think you may have gotten the wrong idea about my post, some of you can go out together and compare and test settings in the field,others can't. Ive seen a couple of other o/s forums where they list their settings for others to try, no big secrets there.
Sorry I suggested it

I started Topic to share Deus programs and settings and we really should keep it rolling along. When I get home I will look at what I use and add a couple to it.

I mostly use my DFASTSIL program that I have modified from the original deus fast program. I would say I have changed settings on it since I posted it though.
Still use the Beachgold program on thee beach but I've modified it as well.

The programs and settings topic is at this link.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16557

Speaking of boot tacks and those pesky tiny bits of nails and such is it possible to set Deus to discrim those tiny bits out in Goldfields mode??? Ronnie.

I think you can use Disc IAR to knock out some of the smaller/shallower iron targets using the lower settings. Can't say I've ever tried it as I rarely use that program.

Latest posts