Cobalt Spinel ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

headbut

Paul
Reaction score
Found this interesting info on Spinel , apparently they are not only black , but come in all colours , even blue , which states very very rare. Well I think I have 1 that I found a couple of weeks ago, 1st thought was spinel , but put in on the torch & it shows blue from one angle & the shape if different to sapphire. Its small & will put a photo on when I can get a better shot

http://gemologyonline.com/spinel.html

What's wrong with Spinel, I'm thinking of the future, I reckon Black Spinel will skyrocket when all the young Emo's get high paying jobs and need black bling to match the black lipstick and nail polish. :) Not making fun of Emo's either, just speculating.

Finally got a good photo. Its either a sapphire or spinel , not sure how to find out , but I did find this at Tuena, & I dont think its a sapphire area

1379065141_spinel.jpg

1379065158_spinel2.jpg

Looks like a blue sapphire in pic, the shine on the outside surface
seems right too. Im no expert yet but Im trying to be :p

Yeah looks like a Sapphire to me also. There is a Sapphire deposit near Bald Ridge, could be from that, I think most of the region probably has some dispersed around. I guess they travel easier than gold in a flood.

Latest posts