Snake repellant

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1479077788_screenshot_2016-11-14-08-29-31-270x480.jpg

For those who prefer to repel... :D .Bunnings has a few options to consider . :D

I found this after a reader questioned my comment re fangs (thanks):

"I once had an article refereed and returned with the comment that "...... Australia's elapids have grooved fangs". Along most of the fang's length this "groove" is a closed seam, only being opened towards the tip where it does not detract significantly from the fang's function or effectiveness. Many people make an erroneous distinction between tiger snake's (Notechis scutatus) fangs and Coastal Taipan's (Oxyuranus scutellatus), saying the former differ by being grooved. The only distinction is the length, in both species they are effectively hollow".

Sounds like he knows what he is talking about. Yes, the fangs vary. No it doesn't make much practical difference (except perhaps that they spill a little for identification). The gaiters I use could not be penetrated anyway.

Yeah - I worked with a group of guys who caught a small boomslang and put it )live) in an envelope addressed to the office secretary. She was not impressed - bloody idiots!

Latest posts