Whats cooking in the workshop?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HI all dont know much about high bankers but this is what we have built so far the total cast to date is $30 for two .I went to one of our local Plumbing firms (industrial) and ask them if they had any old air conditioning duct work, most firms who do big jobs have some laying around as its cheaper to have the stuff ups remade as against trying to resize it, the two ducts i got were 1380x400x200 .marked out the sluice at 100 deep the feeder box keep at 200, then found the bits and pieces for the rest at the local recycle yard have put water over it and it runs really well ,have still got to make the riffles ,will see how it works in the next few weeks out in the field .

1478641879_new_pic_012.jpg
1478641829_new_pic_011.jpg
1478641916_new_pic_013.jpg

Hi Pete
Looks good. Tried my latest highbanker out at Beechworth and was pleased with the first run though I will make a few a few mods to suit the fine gold.
What I found was that the riffles jammed making cleaning difficult but tried placing a piece of Bunnings miners Moss at the top of the sluice so that I could test clean without pulling it all apart.

When you travel 400km it pays to have a few options until you work out what's best. Latest find was a rubber mat at Bunnings, hexagonal holes and flat bottom which will sit on the ribbed mat.
Hope it will solve my riffle problem. Could work well with the fine stuff.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Bob

Latest posts