Goldzilla

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fhammer

Frank
Reaction score
I've been working on a portable combination classifier & inverse trommel I call Goldzilla, on & off for years
(life, distance to gold fields, house moves, Mods & other stuff have made it much longer term than i originally anticipated)

Why Goldzilla? It's a bit of a monster & it's definitely a mutant! :8

I probably don't have enough posts to put a link yet,
but if you search youtube using the keywords "Goldzilla" & "Creswick"
You'll find a couple of vids taken a few years ago, of an early version made using PVC pipe for my frame.

I've recently completed a re-build using Aluminium framing, actually, several rebuilds!
ie: I kept discovering all the things I'd done wrong during the last rebuild, every time I took it out for a field test :rolleyes:

When it comes to engineering - the engine between my ears could use a tune-up!

With a bit of luck, I'll get a chance to give it a quick test this weekend, and will post some video once I have some & can.

I'm interested to see what people think of this concept.

Enjoy!

Thanks for that Silver!

Nice work Mr Marksman!
(if you're walking around with a gun like that in the bush, I'm going to be very polite! :D )

I notice you have the Belt-sticking problem too!
I've put some stairway grip tape around where the belt runs helps that a fair bit, is that what the red stuff is?.

If I ever get my head around 3d design, I'm going to get rid of the belt drive,
and 3d print the barrel of the trommel with teeth around the outside, so I can drive it direct,
That'll get rid of that problem!

I've made my later version a lot lower to the ground so I don't have to lift/shovel the stuff so high.
Make's it much easier on the back.

I'm also making a Walbanker at the mo,
but modifying the design of the input hopper slightly so I could add a trommel later, similar to what you've done there!

Hi fhammer
and thanks silver for the help there
No that is an aluminium deep fryer with the bottom cut out and handles removed but i have since then added a Ute mat around it (it helped ) but i found some of the pop rivets were hitting the water pipe as it turned around and the front was kicking up wcich did not help so i have now put like an idler wheel on the front top to hold it down but i might use your idea to stop anymore slippage
i am in the process of fitting some teethed cogs off a pushbike and bike chain (i will sat that that is a work in progress as i need about three bikes and a lot of cutting welding and pop riverts )
i also am going to try and cut about 6-8 inches off the height (i am getting smaller with age )
All this were made from bits and pieces i got from the Salvation army family store here in town except the sluice part which was my old river sluice converted well its about the third conversion for that poor piece of gear (including the motor and gear reduction box it came in on an old home made meat mincer)
i now run it with a 3000w generator and electric pump 270lt min which is so much quiter

I remembering watching your 'goldzilla' video agggess back...."thats gravity processing for ya..." ...

Were the blokes watching on camping with you or just creswick sticky beakers ?

Did you ever sort the vibration motor crapping itself ?

I like the concept of your build. Be intresting to see how your new frame came up. Good work man.

Latest posts