Bucket sieve

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
brendomac said:
One question for everyone. Has anybody used a hose attachment on their pump, or a spray bar - or anything else, to help classify the material in the bucket? Or is the best way just to use a bit of elbow grease and do it manually?

Thanks
Brendo

Fill the bucket with water so that the water covers your material and agitate the sieve (twist left then right / clockwise then anti-clockwise). I invisage two vertical handles when I get around to building mine to aid this process. Using the right bucket for the "bucket sieve" will see the sieve sit in a parent bucket loosely to allow this agitation smoothly.

I believe there is some fandangled "gold concentrator" bucket on the market that uses a similar principle to classify/concentrate gold in paydirt.

Thanks for the info, Marked. Yep, the handle is really good. I use a bit of PVC that runs through the inner sieve. It is light to carry and strong enough to agitate it so it separates the material.

Thanks Ag Man,

Nocked a couple of these out to try out tomorrow.

1 following this DIY thread and one slightly different.

1483428318_file1-1_small.jpg

1483428332_file-2_small.jpg

Looking Forward t trying them out.

Regards

Scott
( HyperScott / Blazesurefer )

Made one of these this morning in about 20mins. Easy as. Had everything at home so cost me nothing. Glue is drying as we speak. Will test it out next weekend. Thanks all. DW.

Hi Ag Man. I follow your posts with interest. The bucket seive is a great idea and will save some dollars in kitting up. I am just starting the prospecting hobby and it costs to get all the gear you need. Keep on posting.
WD

great relativy cheap ideas for those of us that are on a budget awesome folks New today and learning soo much already and I thought I already knew a fair bit ;)

Remember to keep those white plastic buckets out of the sun as much as possible . It does not take them long to crack up . Maybe take a spare , if you are going on a long trip . I have a green coloured one that had Barites ? in it , from the label . I think drillers add it to their mud . No signs of cracking .

Have a look at *** Not allowed to post a link . try dredgenz .... They have a good range of sieves , some made in NZ .

I have a plastic bowl one in the garage ,need to find it . I do not use it , $10 plus postage or pick up . Will get it out and post sizes . I use 2 alloy screens for sizing .

Lee Enfield said:
Am about to start fossicking/detecting and Ag Mans idea sounds brilliant. Thanks heaps for sharing.

Thanks Lee.
They are ace & I still use mine. A bit flogged out with big holes in it but still does the job.
Not my idea - I can't take the credit for it. I did see it somewhere else & thought I'd have a crack myself, few tweaks etc.

Good luck on your fossiking/detecting - I'm hooked :p :pickshovel:

Latest posts