6x4 shooter problem

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greglz86

Greg Anderson
Reaction score
Hey guys. been a while. Sorry about that but its been a bit hectic lately. Id be lucky if id even made it out 5 times this year.
I just got hold of a second hand whites GMT. this one come with the regular 6x10 DD and also a 6x4 shooter DD.
Im putting everything together to test it at home but im having a bit of a problem.
When using the goldmaster 6x4 shooter dd it wont allow me to put the gain above 7.
No matte rwhat settings im on wether im air testing or have it on the ground it will sound the horn and tell me to "bad ground reduce gain"
It seems to be working on the ledshot pellet im using as a tester when gain is set at 7 or below but just wont go above 7.
Is there something wrong with this coil? OR is this normal for a sensitive little coil?
Thanks for taking the time to read.
Greg

The 6x10 dd coil seems to be a little more sensitive to the leadshot target than the 6x4 shooter.
Im starting to lean more towards a faunty coil. i mean, its sensitive and it works (with gain below 7) but doesn't seem to be doing what i expected

I bought the detector second hand from a reputable dealer. Ive heard nothing but good things from this mob so im seeing it as a once off so i wont name any names.
Ive sent them an email explaining whats happening. Guess ill wait till i hear from them.

See if you can Get hold of one of the Older Goldmaster 6x10 Concentric Coils and it will make your GMT, I did it about 2 years ago and posted the info on various forums, The end result is it will make your GMT Hotter than a Goldbug II and it will see bits weighing less than 0.0001 ozt or less than 0.001 grams at about 3 inches.

Whites has just released the 5.3 ( 6" ) coil for the GMT since I asked them about making more Concentrics for the GMT I don't know how it compares to the older 6x10 but I very much doubt it can beat it when it comes to sensitivity.

John.

Greglz86 said:
I bought the detector second hand from a reputable dealer. Ive heard nothing but good things from this mob so im seeing it as a once off so i wont name any names.
Ive sent them an email explaining whats happening. Guess ill wait till i hear from them.

I could be wrong - it might not be faulty at all.

If it's the dealer I think you mean, I have no doubt that they will look after you

They emailed me back Saturday morning. They asked me to send it back. I'll just have to wait to see what they say.

Greglz86 said:
Also found this on the new 6 inch concentric coil.
https://youtu.be/tEHyni934e8

Yeah I have the MXT's version of that Coil and it can see the tiny test bit that I have at about 1/2" baring in mind it can't be weighed, Although not as hot as the GMT, it really can hold it's own with anything out there.

John.

Looks like the fellas at the shop couldn't work it out either. They are sending me another coil instead. Got to be happy about that :)

Latest posts