MINELAB F1A4 ex military metal detectors - tips, settings, questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I been using the old Sadie nugget finder can pick up .22 at 4 inches but looses its sharpness at 2 inch.that's an awesome response from a large coil mate I would be stoked :eek:

Was that sponge gold or solid at level 2 with my Sadie would barely pick this peace at 2" in hot ground so am pretty happy with improvement the bit is very porous.

I suppose you would call it sponge gold that hasn't traveled very far from the source..I also run a booster speaker to which ads a little help.like I said the biggest issue for me is signal sharpness. At a few inches even thou really audible it can bee hard to pick between a signal or ground noise.I run my gain at 3/4 + so maybe that's my issue.

Hi it might be your issue with gain up so hi your coil might be starting to shut down before you ground balance and your gain up it should be very noisy if starts to go quiet your gains up to high and will get weak signal my Sadie starts to shut down at about 1 o'clock on gain in small, timing 1. get a test bit and wave it over coil try adjusting gain and test where it begins to get weak signal its a very powerful gain MOD and some coils can't handle it's I have 2 coils can't handle it.

Just thought I would post some pictures of my F1A4 lev 3 setup in case anyone is interested in them not for sale have wireless headphones on it and boosted speaker and gpx shaft is serving me well so far.
1472897553_imag0222-1280x720.jpg
1472897573_imag0223-1280x720.jpg
1472897594_imag0224-1280x720.jpg
1472897624_imag0225-1024x1820.jpg
1472897645_imag0226-1280x720.jpg
any one want info send me a message. :D

I have one,not been out with it too much. I bought the new headphones from Detectormods,they work very well. I have been back to Nundle a couple of times since, no gold yet, but I have had to dig 12 inches deep or more just to find its a tiny bit of iron as small as a match head,I got one bit the same size as a mh. but very flat,I thought it must be gold as the signal was so strong & I was down about a foot at least.

I've got a level 3 woody with some slight mods from a member here it does really well om the heaps it finds more gold than my 4800 in certain areas I run 14x 9 advantage but the 48 beats it on depth only but overall top machine for price

vstrom said:
Has anyone got one and how are you doing with it ? :D
I have the F1A4M2 but have been too unwell to test it-bloody noisy around the back yard-much to noisy.
Great to hear yours is working - I reckon mine will go ok as well -one day/
Jaros :p

Was down at some test holes in a creek bed that a friend set up. He has plastic pipes in the side of the creek bed at all different heights he has a 4500 we went down and had a play with them and I'm happy to say my level 3 out did the 4500 and on one test piece at 16" he said no one hit that bit as he's had a lot of people there and to my surprise level 3 pinged it loud and clear my mate could not believe it and he tried every set up hit all targets including an 8 ounce at 1meter.

Hi jaros you have a level 2 so don't know if would be the same as a lot of power comes from the new battery pack but my setting where timing general target std gain 3 o'clock both Chanel's 18 " nf advantage for 1 meter target had to go timing big target large

Thanks vstrom - the pics were a great help as I have the same unit and never used it ( or any detector ). You mention you have ear phones and a speaker. I guess the the ear phones plug into the shaft unit and the speaker into the back pack power unit. Is this the case?
Harlequin

Hi Harlequin no I don't use headphones and speaker at the same time the headphones plug in ether battery or front of control box and the speaker I just plug into control box and Velcro to the side but you could run both at once say if someone was with you the speaker has its own amp inside and runs on a 9. V battery it's the black thing stuck to the control box in the picture . :D .I also run a Deteknix wireless system for headphones.

Latest posts