AtomRats Detector Findings

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B5MECH said:
Sorry the front rock or is it a brick?
Oh I got ya, sorry, when the sun goes down my camera starts to snap blury shots. Its a bit of alloy. All the dark ones not half pennies were all in the same hole, 1c, 2c, 10c, 5c and 20c coins. 1980s+ pocket spill ( probably my own from younger days lmao )

Finally finished reading and admiring all your finds pal. Great read and some pretty cool photos.
Love it, well bloody done. ;)
Any updates on the rings? Pretty stupid for someone to do that to someone who knows where a lot of local mines are.
Scum.

Enjoyed the posts AR. Nice to have family out and about with you when you detect and it looked like the weather gods smiled on you this time.

Havnt posted much recently but have been a little bit active with BadgerCreek. We have managed to fit in 3 swings so far.. we've been going well with the pulltabs, but I did get a tiny copper heart today (forgot photo), and BC got a nice silver plated spoon a couple of days ago, and an essondon badge earlier today (I'd throw it too) ;) With the mixture of pulltabs and copper fragments about, there's gotta be a patch somewhere..we just gotta get onto it so we can post handfuls of coins. On the way home I dropped into one of my first locations I ever swung, shown in vid below. Hopefully some finds to come soon!

Ahh the serenity.. thanks for the new digger BC!
1476873676_14768733068340.jpg

River is still flooding the flats
1476873741_14768733544900.jpg

Old location I detected and revisited on way home. Steam engine buried beneath the soil
[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMBcRyFzFhk[/video]

Maybe more targets to come to light ,.... garnered from that experienced eye n sharpened sense of detectivation AR !
8) 8) :D

Hey Atom,
I love the photo of the pond and would like your permission to save it so I can paint it when I get time. The structure of that photo is perfect, foreground, mid-ground and background especially the clouds coming over the top and the eye resting spot on the left with the group of trees. Very pleasant mate.
Mackka

Grazie Mille.
Many thanks
it is just a superb composition Atom. For a beginner even the colour of the hills going from dark to light in the background is just perfect as a training landscape. Sorry to harp on but it reminds me of my first painting under my tutor of some 10 years, mind you that was a long time ago but my memory of that first painting still remain with me to this day. Thanks for the permission, very much appreciated.
Mackka

Hey AR that's great and top photo's good on ya mate. Love the old machinery....of a bygone era...tops.

Got out for another bit of a hunt with BC again today, we had to walk a bit of a journey to his researched location, but we got there to find the area all fenced off! Indeed a big bummer there, so we trekked on hunting the bush, tackling some swordgrass and trying to swing where we could. Well if we wernt getting finds, we sure as hell gained some calf muscles for the day hehe
Eventually the detectors started dinging and we found a great little spot to mess around a bit before heading back to the cars. Still looking for those patches.. they are calling..Some GONDOLA silver cuttlery popped out between the mass of broken bottles but we managed to save some. A small button popped out too.

A tree carved by the aboriginal natives, remains standing and watching those who pass it
1477288221_14772879450122.jpg

Still fun finding anything..especially when you've swung for 2 hours for not even a broken nail!
1477288247_14772879347091.jpg

1477288268_14772879229420.jpg

Three people eating ,.... no knives at all ,..... kids garden party (don't cut yourselves dears), put the knives back ,.... the house must be there a bit further afield I recon. :D

Latest posts