sheepyard opal

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome stuff!May I ask from what area?is it near Glengarry?Any new rushes in the area for seemopals?

By the way...Is it possible to hire a 9 inch rig out there?Cost?It would be fun to get a lease and spend some dollars to find a patch!Advise?

Sheepyards is right along side Glengarry and there are a couple of new fields found only small nothing spectacular. Its easy enough to get a nine inch drill they charge roughly $120 per hole down to about 80 feet. Getting a claim is pretty easy just have to do your safety course peg a claim and you are away finding a good patch is the tricky bit Im a full time miner and haven't found bugger all in 12 months. We can go years between pay days.

Thanks for the info Rodney!It sounds like a good life but very hard when it comes to a living!I would still like to have a go at it in the future!Can you suggest a good 9 inch driller?I would prefer to get one and drill 9 inch holes on a lease all around those fields you are at!Maybe even make a deal if we drill some colour!

Good luck finding that patch - Cheers Digging hard

Wow thise pieces are incredible do u guys have your own claims or fossicking and specking.
?Im always collecting rough jars to one day learn to make something with it!
I have some rough colour i found when ilived in andamooka for 2 months for work .

1480744112_dsc_0016.jpg
1480744184_dsc_0024.jpg

Part of a little pocket I hit yesterday, some nice stones but once again the photos don't show the colour.

G'DAY,l need a longthrow hoyst for mining!Max 1500 Dollars in good condition!Greatful if someone has one for sale!I'll be up there in March! PM me!Cheers!

Latest posts