Eldorado's Oallen Ford trips

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even though the threads are at 1.5 Inch's, Have a look down the bore of the tap.
It is just under an inch in diameter.

Wozza244 said:
Bugger.

It's a bit hit and miss there hey.

I had a ball valve like yours on my spray bar but it was causing low pressure up the top end of the slotted bars.
I removed it and just running 1-1/2 hose into the 1" poly fittings to the spray bar and it fixed the problem immediately.
I don't really need the valve anyhow.

under the bridge between the two bridge supports right on the rivers edge there is a large rock with just the top sticking out of the ground i got a lot out of there before the rain i noticed it has filled up again so it might be worth while trying that again i went down about a metre and got some good colour out (i was using my highbanker)

Just rang the relevant people about Camping out there.
Owing to some idiots, Camping is now completely Banned.
I will put a post up in the General Section.

Looks like your video has been removed from Youtube... :(

I still need to clean up my cons from my last trip out there, we did it a differnet way and did only the first foot of dirt. It was very interesting to see how much the gold dissipates when you go deeper.

Just tried to fix the link for you but the video has gone of Youtube. :)

Sorry Dropbear I deleted the video as I wanted to edit something out.The new URL doesn't seem to work,says video doesn't exist.New URL is https://youtu.be/ax2uqN5Ol8w not sure what is happening.

Tathradj said:
Even though the threads are at 1.5 Inch's, Have a look down the bore of the tap.
It is just under an inch in diameter.

Exactly.

Mine runs way better without it.
Using the big pump at idle is perfect water flow.

I threw mine away and just use the throttle to regulate water flow.
For my big pump, I built a remote control throttle unit for it. LOL
Bit of an issue with 80 meters of hose out up a hill.

Tathradj said:
I threw mine away and just use the throttle to regulate water flow.
For my big pump, I built a remote control throttle unit for it. LOL
Bit of an issue with 80 meters of hose out up a hill.

Brilliant modification!!

My throttle lever linkage is all broken so I twitched tie wire around it and out to the ball valve outlets, all I do is bend the tie wire each time I need to adjust throttle up or down.
One of those things where it works so I'll just leave it that way lol.

I'll also add that the exhaust manifold bolts rusted out and the entire manifold is held on with tie wire too!
It's as Aussie as it gets lol.

Eldorado said:
Just tried to fix the link for you but the video has gone of Youtube. :)

Sorry Dropbear I deleted the video as I wanted to edit something out.The new URL doesn't seem to work,says video doesn't exist.New URL is https://youtu.be/ax2uqN5Ol8w not sure what is happening.
Thanks to whoever tried to fix the video.Funny thing is if you do a search on YouTube for "Oallen Ford again" the video is there.Just tried it.

Latest posts