Looking for Spots to find Gold near Oberon

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can anyone here recommend spots to find Gold near Oberon that you can camp near? My husband plans to go next week and sleep in his car. I've found Native Dog creek but the reviews lately haven't been good. Should he drive closer to Bathurst? He's just made a gold pump and wants to try it.

I would go to sunny corner if it is just a hand pump.There is good spots around Marys camp, Pretty flogged but should be able to tell if the pump works fairly easy.And he will freeze as well.

Hi Guys Thanks for your advice. So will he freeze using his home made hand pump as he hates cold water? He was looking for gum boots what do you reccomend? . I can't seem to find the GPS coordinates for Sunny Corner but saw a write up to say you can find afew small nuggets and alot of junk . We live in Sydney so its all about finding somewhere a few hours away . I"m sure you guys understand but he has gold fever and has just quit his job as he doesn't like working for a boss so fossicking is appealing for his personality . I get its a hobby and if you find something its a bonus but he has to go through this phase..

Good on him, Rena, and you are a good woman for putting up with him! It's a great hobby, but not something that will make you much money, at least until you become pretty good at it. Like fishing, 20% of the prospectors find 80% of the gold.

Encourage him to log on himself, as we would all like to meet him.

Camping in your car this time of year around Oberon and similar parts will be pretty cold!

Hey guys would like to see your high bankers in action and if you guys like to combine it with my hand driven pump just because I read that there are fossicking areas which don't allow powered tools ( Just to see if this an option) Greetings Marco ( Renatas husband)

SUNNY CORNER could be a gold mine now after the rain and the motor cross event held there last weekend , the harvesting of the forest all adds up to erosion and movement of soil , I'm going to explore soon I can, would a wet suit help keep the cold out perhaps a good pair of waders with thermals under Was at pheasants nest last week seems the snakes are about on the hot days just another hazard to keep an eye out for but nothing beats the great outdoors campfire cooking and the warm glow from a good fire

Latest posts