how does your sdc2300 behave ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cazalla, that's very interesting re the different sounds(tones), I must admit I don't seem to find much of the good stuff with our 2300, I feel that I should be doing a lot better so next time out I will do what you suggest. It doesn't hurt to try all these little things if it can better our performance.

ok I got out with my sdc and gave it a good run after its trip to Minelab for pcb connection issues , i probably got roughly 10 hours detecting in and the sdc is much more user friendly now.

The only time it was unsettled was one afternoon when the wind was 15 - 20 kph and it was the gusts that seemed to disturb it.

Other than that I was able to run it on higher sensitivity and with more threshold than before , with out it driving me mad , I also can now notice the ground balance making slight improvements .

When I gave it a run at midnight conditions were calm and mild and sdc really did run a perfect flat tone and I could here tiny specs of rust etc almost to small to pick up.

so all in all I am very happy with the repair and it just proves the wind can cause emi even when you are 5 klm minimum from anything electrical ,could be 10 klm.

heres some of my rewards , plus plenty of iron, nails, buttons and enough lead pellets to go to war with :lol:
1475997113_img_20161008_204949_906-optimized.jpg

Great result AF 10 hours at the helm the body should be a bit sore . Glad to hear & see your confidence is renewed well done.

Aussie farmer,

Great result good to hear you got the SDC sorted.....

We picked one up last week and as yet haven't had a chance to use it in anger...
Having just read this entire thread I have picked up a lot of useful info and will put that in the memory bank..
Cheers for that ...
Let the learning begin.....

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

PhaseTech said:
Do any of you guys start with your Sens on 5, Noise Cancel, then back off Sens until you are happy with your stability? This works very well for me, and I can often run a higher Sensitivity compared with starting low and trying to increase it.

Was at Jupiter Creek today (usually bad EMI), and ran it with external speaker on 5 for most of the time. Did have to re-tune a couple times.
When Sensitivity is on 4 or 5, I do increase the threshold LED's to 5 or 6 as this provides a bit more stability without masking targets.

That is exactly the way I run my SDC.
Finds lead really well :) and also gold

aussiefarmer said:
Sounds like it may need a service , i have cleaned the coil and skid plate , and tried without any metal on my body , i have just built a new pick so it will be over my shoulder but when its been playing up i have left my pick behind but with no change , it was quite when i first got it but lately its hit and miss so internal wiring sounds likely.
Great response everybody . So now i guess i better get it looked at is it better to desl with minelab direct or through tge dealer ? , i am 3hours from the dealer.

It's probably the static off the side of your hip as you swing it. Keep it off your hip as you're detecting

Latest posts