Nokta Fors Gold/CoRe - My Findings

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on the buckle Mick, they really are iconic of that past era and a real buzz when you see what you've found. Did you find it with your Fors Relic?

1476182025_snake_buckle.jpg
Yes, hit it nice an hard, came up around 82 at around 8" deep. Discrimitated iron and other junk at 55. It didn't pick up the 3 nails in there which was great, only the buckle. It was a very trashy area so I was impressed. Used the 10x5.5 coil

Nice. Looks like something that would be put on a wardrobe door or a dresser, or a big chest.

Can't believe this thread has had over 20 thousand views :eek: :playful:
Dusted down the old workhorse and was pleased to see it still sparked up OK :cool: My pinpointer has bitten the dust though, couldn't get it working :( :skull: :brokenh:
Venue was Vic Park Ballarat. Just a pile of old spendable coins but the day was made by finding this cool little truck :cool: :perfect:
1565155634_truck.jpg

Great work Colin,these Nokta,s sure can find the small gold attested by you.My Impact found a 0.1 gram of steel 3-4 inches deep in low mineralised ground on a hill near Durham Lead which was nearly black in color and presumably a chip of steel off a pick or crowbar.

Thanks Rob, the Impact sure looks like a great machine, and I'm sure they will match the earlier machines fir longevity too. Those little steel slithers sure are annoying.

Colin, the soil South of Ballarat I've found to be low mineralised in old diggings, so you may have better depth.Have you tried your Fors in the middle and northern GT? The Impact can find small targets too in GEN mode,I found a 0.1 gram chip of steel presumably from a hand pick or crow bar and was 3-4 inches deep in low mineralised soil at Durham Lead..Two bits of stone coated in a black metal found near Maryborough which seems impervious to corrosion.The bigger piece had two tiny pyrites stuck to the metal.

Would someone with a fors or a velox possibly mind measuring the control box for me?? Just height, length and width measurements would be great...
Thanks, jason

That blob next to the coin, 10 o'clock position, looks kinda like some of the gold I find here before a clean-up. ;)