Thunder eggs

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lefty said:
Thundereggs are a real lucky dip :) I like the one with the crystals in the centre - those crystals are almost black! I still have half a 20 litre drum of little Mount Hay ones, awaiting the day when I splash out and get a proper sized rock saw.
yes i have a tin of mt hay eggs got 40 years ago
mond

Yes Lefty, The original Clutches aren't worth the worry..... better off going for something that will last and cop the flogging of off road use..... Shop around prices vary heaps.....

Wooly#1 My 97 Mitsi has 375k and still going strong..... I do all work myself as im NOT getting ripped anymore :mad: ..... But she could use a new Heart as this one's getting tired and I have some serious trips planned for 2017 :)

G-day mond, What size are your eggs from Mt Hay and what's the most common centre?. I hear the 'old' stuff is/was the best..... Any Pics to wet my Appetite fellas :)

Shivan, any idea where your Eggs are from ?

LoneWolf...

I believe most of my thundereggs were from Agate creek Lonewolf, though i could be wrong.
Have finished cutting them, about 30 all up and am onto the agate at the moment.
Will put some more pics up when i get a chance.

thunder eggs are so exciting- you've got some nice ones here :) went to my hay recently and found some nice ones - still have a box full to go through haha - but that's great because it's exciting to see inside them for the first time and I would love to learn to cut and polish (total newbie to the whole business ha). some are probably only good to tumble but have a few nice ones that I'm super excited to see. would absolutely love to hit agate creek while I'm near(ish) and see what I can find!!

Cheers Keuj, it was great fun opening them to see what was inside. Also had some agate i have just finished which was just as fun.
Sounds like you have some fun ahead seeing whats inside yours. Would love to see some photos when you do.

Used to be able to get eggs on the Gold Coast here in the mountains behind me, Not sure if you still can, but I remember going up there years ago and digging a few.

Mike70.

Yes Mike70 you can still get them from Thunderbird Park, Mt Tamborine for a fee...or get them out of the creek below their property for free ;) After a big flood washed them downstream a few years ago :lol: .....

LoneWolf....

Latest posts