Sunshine Coast Club

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,i am looking for a detecting club or detecting people on the sunshine coast whom can talk to and gain experience

HA HA HA HA HA ,have to laugh,i found my first piece of treasure today.A desert spoon and only half of one .Keep on laughing it's good for you

Keep at it mate, practice makes perfect and soon enough you'll bring home some brag worthy treasure I'm sure of it. At least you can laugh about it :)

Bit of a hurry when I posted those. Maybe someone from the Brisbane club can put you in contact with members on the Sunshine Coast. I'm sure there would be some.

if you find things like spoons , forks etc , before you throw them in the scrap bin do you check to see if they are silver?

solid sterling silver was used for cutlery , i have bought a few at flea markets years ago after picking through boxes of old cutlery , mine were dated 1830's - 1880's but they will have hallmarks on the back to show what they are made of , when and where they were made

http://www.925-1000.com/british_marks.html

heads up ,yes I do look to see if it is silver but not such luck,not yet anyhow , I will keep on trying

Looking for like minded folks on the Sunshine Coast Qld to form a gold fossicking club.
I have a GPX 5000 and planning on making a high banker.
Contact me at:
[email address removed for protection of privacy, please add it to your profile and ensure the email option is enabled under the Profile > Privacy tab - Nugget]

Well just a quick note I,m at Mapleton just up from Nambour give me a ring [Contact details removed as per forum rules, please add to profile - Nugget]

Regards Tony

Hi Fellow members of our new Sunshine Coast fossicking club. Where are the headquarters / rooms based.
I am in Beerwah

Cheers

Paddles

Lets just have a meet and work it out . My place at cootharaba ok by me . Have A chat and get to know if we got incomon . Or only 5 mins from appalonian pub at Boeen Pt if uu want to have a meal and a beer (lemond lime and bitters for drivers :) Dr

Hi to all the Sunny Coasters! I'm new to this forum so i just read this thread...
Did anything eventuate from this?
Cheers Vik

I'd be interested to know if you guys ended up catching up as well. I'm in Caloundra. I use to coin and relic shoot in Brisbane. Lots of predecimal stuff. I just purchased another beginner detector to use with my boy but I've got the itch back. Looking at the history books the Sunny Coast could have some good targets for relics.