Minelab SDC2300 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B5MECH said:
...I think you'd be surprised at how many products have been made in A..... country but are full of Chinese parts and they won't tell you that

Actually, I'm pretty familiar with that having worked in manufacturing. The only thing worse than the cheap Chinese parts is the lazy Australian labour who can't even be stuffed to measure twice, think close enough is good enough and take zero pride in their work. I've seen this a few times now that Made in Australia really doesn't mean much at all to me now, a real shame.

I still wouldn't buy those cheap Chinese batteries though.

It's all potluck these days, it looks like jaycar sell c's and maybe the long one but there pictures are missing so not sure if there a terminal type, good price and they usually stand behind there products
My new concern is yesterday I received some replacements through ebay for sony action cam supposed to come from china where sony is made but came on Vanuatu post, WTF here comes the next country to rip the world off, They look sweet so I have no issue with the product but they were listed in china location

I've had a test go with the SDC2300, and it was pretty good at finding birdshot, so colour me suitably impressed. I'm interested to buy one, but not too keen on RRP. plus i don't get the time to go out much, but renting seems like throwing away money in the long term.

Anyone know of any upcoming sales? My brother in law wants one too, so a two for one deal would be good :)

Good luck with the 2 for 1 deal. You would be lucky to get one second hand under $2800 They hold their value well mine was $3500 now they are 50 dollars cheaper I think. I don't get out that much either byt it will always be there when I can and will always be a good machine if you look after it

I would buy one asap, Even layby one and pay it off.
I have a gpx4500, and if I could buy an sdc atm I would, to add to my gpx. They really find the little stuff better than any other machine.

I just got one it is 3 weeks old and I paid $3100 so they do come up just make sure it's got some warranty as some people have had some issues .But a top machine :D

Find the best deal and contact other vendors to see if they can do a better deal. That's what I did an even though they couldn't match the deal with the added extras, they knocked $500 off the price.

Buy a good second hand unit and go halves with the Brother in law. Most detectors (well mine does) sit idle at least half the weekend. Combine the finds and when you have found enough gold go buy another one second hand.

IMO the best time to buy is when you have the cash. If you are planning on swinging with your bro in law (pun intended) I would get a SDC and a 45. They are the same price at the moment and you can swap when you get tired of the same thing every time (see what i did there? :p).

If your bro in law gives the game away you could pick up the other machine at mates rates ;)

I know of two brothers that bought SDC's together and one gave up rather quickly. If you are willing to wait a bit I will chat to them next time I see them and see if they want to sell one.

I went with the SDC because I am doing this for fun and I couldn't go past the waterproof feature. I slipped in the drink yesterday along with the machine. If I did that with a 45 I would have drowned myself next to my new dead machine.

my mate is thinking of selling one , its about 3 or 4 months old and used once on an overseas trip ( found some gold ) i think he will take $3100
pm me if your interested

Dave in Adelaide

This is exactly what I did.

cazalla said:
Find the best deal and contact other vendors to see if they can do a better deal. That's what I did an even though they couldn't match the deal with the added extras, they knocked $500 off the price.

Found this chunk of steel with the SDC on Tuesday, at a generous 15". It was soft but a clear signal... gives me hope for when I walk over that deep multi ounce nugget ;)

20161025_124746.jpg

I know a bloke who claims to have dug a 21 gram nug at 23" with an SDC, .....but he also claims he dug 108gms from a 3m2 patch in a couple of hours....

Wow... They're some pretty exciting claims :)

Maybe it was loose packed, damp soil, with low noise... on private property. That's all I've got lol

I've dug a few holes at depths around the 300mm mark 1foot for all you oldies :lol: and found large ferrous targets. Each time the initial target sounds were subtle but still enough to make me dig. Once on top of the target they were screaming had me excited for a while. The interesting thing was the initial target sounds that said dig me.

In the right area with the right target I'm of the opinion the SDC will find good gold at depth.