Nokta Fors Gold/CoRe - My Findings

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ColinD said:
The rectangular item proved a bit interesting. "VR PATENT", wonder what it's off.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4965/1473923693_img_0526.jpg

That VR means Victoria Reign as in Queen Victoria, That's is why there is a Crown above the VR, If a company receive a Royal Warrant from the Queen they are allowed to display it IE like Harrods in London do and Landrover and Barbour and Hunter Boot Company etc and they can show it as in Approved by the Queen / King.

with that Crown and VR on it then it is possibly Victorian

If you took that lock to a lock smith he could make you some keys for it.

hope this helps.

John.

Yeah Atom some of them have dates, think my earliest is in the mid 1850's, I really enjoy collecting the different variants now, they're quite varied.
C

edit: @ John, I don't have the lock John, just the keyhole cover.

Dropped my son off at his mates place for a sleepover, have permission to detect it, nice property with a bit of old diggings. It's one of the spots I wanted to put the Fors Relic over because my one initial 10min flick with the Fors Gold revealed a lot of nails and iron debris. Rain and flooding prevented me from using the Relic though and today wasn't much better but I spent an hour having a scout in all metal mode with the boys in tow. Iron targets grunt,grunt,grunt like a machine gun at times but found some promising bits (no pun intended with the drill bit :/ ) There was a broken bottle area with loads of broken thick black bottles and the occasional broken brown ceramic ones. When the hotter weather clears the water off I'll go back, looks like a good spot if I'm finding an old Chinese coin.

1474084902_img_0537.jpg

Initial clean says pre1860 farthing as it's 22mm and the size dropped to 20mm after 1859, will toil to get a date off it though, can see Britannia and young Vic OK, but the details will be hard to pull out.

Just curious, if you have pulled some deep coins or tokens in an area, do you go over again in All-metal? On large items such as 50c coin, penny's etc. I think the Al-metal mode has a good 2 inches depth increase over the disc modes, but I guess it'll depend where you can run the Sensitivity on both modes.

No... I go over it again with the GPX4500 :p

The Nokta does a pretty good job though, I was disappointed on what I call the buckle site because I thought the GPX might get me another couple of deeper nice buckles and coins, but the Nokta had left nothing behind that I could find, think I got 1 bullet.

I'm using the all metal mode more and more now. For me where I'm detecting there is only iron to avoid if anything as all the other tones/TDI's could be gold, be it a nugget or a gold Sovereign coin.
All metal seems to actually discriminate more accurately... especially large iron at depth and hotrocks, if there's not too many nails it's the best mode, where I live anyway, others have said different. I can run sensitivity really high here if I want.

The site of these last 2 tokens is a real nail-fest, obviously an old house site though there is no evidence of it above ground and the constant hit tones of the nails can get annoying so I'm going over the nail-zone in DI-2 discrim 27 and then switching to all metal once I feel I'm out of it. I thought about doing a little video to let people see just how crazy a site like this is with iron signals blipping maybe 10 times or more in one swing of the coil, might still do that.

In parks in Ballarat I have only used DI-2, too many ring-pulls and not enough nuggets.

ColinD said:
No... I go over it again with the GPX4500 :p

The Nokta does a pretty good job though, I was disappointed on what I call the buckle site because I thought the GPX might get me another couple of deeper nice buckles and coins, but the Nokta had left nothing behind that I could find, think I got 1 bullet.

I'm using the all metal mode more and more now. For me where I'm detecting there is only iron to avoid if anything as all the other tones/TDI's could be gold, be it a nugget or a gold Sovereign coin.
All metal seems to actually discriminate more accurately... especially large iron at depth and hotrocks, if there's not too many nails it's the best mode, where I live anyway, others have said different. I can run sensitivity really high here if I want.

The site of these last 2 tokens is a real nail-fest, obviously an old house site though there is no evidence of it above ground and the constant hit tones of the nails can get annoying so I'm going over the nail-zone in DI-2 discrim 27 and then switching to all metal once I feel I'm out of it. I thought about doing a little video to let people see just how crazy a site like this is with iron signals blipping maybe 10 times or more in one swing of the coil, might still do that.

In parks in Ballarat I have only used DI-2, too many ring-pulls and not enough nuggets.

What settings do you use for the GPX in town?? I have tried around home and can't get it to settle..

Cheers...

In Ballarat centre I have only used the Nokta... in DI-2 mode with discrim on 27 and Sens on 87, not the 4500. Ballarat city is well hammered I reckon as it's a popular hobby in the area, still stuff to be found though. I live just outside Ballarat on the Woady Yaloak Goldfields

Slap bang in the middle of the nails the FG pulled out another Token, Chinese coin and an interesting little square I think is an earing, various other bits and pieces.

1475060448_img_0571.jpg

1475060478_token_m.jpg

1475060494_token_mb.jpg

Just noticed I haven't posted my Cricket buckle find in here yet, along with a gold Sovereign coin this was one of my primary bucket list items as I am a coach and help train the local under 16's. I really hope I can find more of these, some of the designs are fantastic and far better than this one.

1475530951_img_0421.jpg

I also found a piece of Freemason regalia, think it will be a long time before I find another one of these 8)

1475531150_img_0575.jpg

1475531174_img_0577.jpg

1475531190_apron.jpg

My Fors Gold has now been posted off for a small loose wire repair, look forward to adding more finds when it returns, my car feels empty without it in the back :(
C

Having looked at my loose wire problem Nokta have rectified the problem and I am back in action :)

Good lunchtime hunt, been a while since I had a snake buckle, also found some other snake buckle fittings nearby but no snake parts to accompany them sadly. Nice what is probably a costume jewellery necklace part and some other bits and bobs. Not sure what the box lid is from, had fittings in the back of it, but it kinda fell apart when I removed the dirt.

1475818946_l_group.jpg

1475819015_snake.jpg

1475819033_l_front.jpg

1475819051_l_back.jpg

Latest posts