SinHof and the CTX3030.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes mate, they come in handy for running costs and they look terrific on mass, mass, H'mmmmm, gotta find some new goldie productive ground, bring on the hot weather, sand groping for goldies, sounds like fun does't it, particularly at night in the cool of the evening and no distractions LOL.
SinHof.

Hi Guys,
Spent a few hours today checking out some new and old ground with mixed results, there seems to be quite a number of duffer parks and fields about the subs; managed a few coins from a couple of them, pretty slim pickings.
I did find some information that other CTX3030 owners might be interested in, I have suspected and had confirmed by MineLab today that the 3030 will accept and run normally on a GPZ7000 battery. There are two advantages here,run time is better than doubled compared to the standard 3030 battery and for those who swing the 3030 with the 17x13 coil the balance is noticeably improved, a win win situation.
Cheers, SinHof.
1474014133_20160916_172118.jpg

Hi Folks,
Well, today's hunt would have to be some kind of a record; this interesting detecting hobby is a numbers game, the more you do it, the more likely you are to find numbers of worthwhile targets. Also, the more time spent covering the ground the more likely you are to pick up the odd sun baker or two; now, back to today's kind of record hunt, believe it or not every coin found in several locations were "sun bakers" at the end of the day I could not believe it not one coin found with the detector, plain amazing.
Cheers,SinHof.
PS:And "NO" I'm not selling the 3030 just to go looking for sun bakers, I do like to have a bit of an advantage, (Read; big advantage.)
PPS: H'mmmmm, I'll bet the boys will have a bit of fun with this post, let the fun begin.
1474180954_20160918_161051.jpg

If I see 5c on the ground at the shops....I wont pick it up. Yet, when detecting I will quickly snatch it up, another one to the coin tally!

I remember my old boss, multi-millionaire, looks down the ground and see's 2c sitting there. "Hmmm, my lucky day" he exclaims before putting it in him pocket. :lol:

Money is money, just like gold, no such thing as bad gold.

1474281180_red_head_beach.jpg
Hi Folks,
Got off the chain this PM for a couple of hours swinging on a beach or two, a nice 925 trendy looking ring and some goldies just to keep me interested, the $1 coin with the green corrosion was close to half a metre deep, love the 17" coil; the beach scene might be starting to pick-up, bring it on.
Sinhof.

Hi Folks,
Managed to get out for an hour or two yesterday PM to try the 10x5 coil in the "park of a thousand ring pulls"; picked up two half pennies in an area that I had covered on previous visits along with some decimal coins and a Matchbox Boss Mustang car that has had a hard life, squashed flat and no wheels.
The small coil is good at sorting targets that are close to each other, makes life a lot easier in junk strewn areas.
Keep swinging, SinHof.
1474681082_20160924_110445.jpg

Hi Folks,
Managed to get out for a couple of hours yesterday and today; still battling a full-on chest infection and cold, not much fun there.
Had a bit of a run on 925 silver jewellery and some decimal spends. What I thought was a chunky ear ring; the better half informed me that it is a navel adornment, probably lost by a "drop dead gorgeous young lady" my thoughts, wonder if it's possible to track down the owner LOL; where would we be without imagination?
Cheers, Sinhof.
1475060574_beach_coins_silver.jpg

Great session mate, that little coil sure sorts through the trash.

I put the 11" back on for my hunt yesterday and hit a spot I haven't done in a while, was pretty trashy and the 11 was just too big for the trashy strip, about a 15mx5m area. The big coil is great on un-cluttered ground but once it gets into heavy trash it's a pain. Will hit this spot again with the smaller coil and see what pops out. Thing is you don't realise how much of a pain the 11" coil is in trash until you try the smaller coil, then going back to the bigger coil you realise how well the small coil does it's thing.

Hi Sandta & Heatho,
Had the 17x13" coil on to cover as much ground as time permitted, luckily there was not much trash to deal with, one of the many joys of beach detecting in this part of the world.
Over the next week or so I might take a run up the New England area to a couple of properties that I have access to, there was a large gold mining encampment spread over parts of two of the properties; detecting in and around the area with the GPX5000 was pretty much a dead loss due to the high trash in the ploughed paddocks, covering the same ground with the 3030 could be interesting. I am reliably informed that at the peak of the rush to the area there were close to 1000 people living/working in a fairly small area, certainly worth a look.
Cheers, SinHof.

Latest posts